Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jack Hanna diagnosed with Dementia

slusher

My father suffered from this and it's painful to watch an able body unable to perform the simplest of tasks as the brain deteriorates.  It started with taking away his car keys (before he ran into someone or I get a 3a call he had driven hundred of miles away)....then I rehomed his dog as he was no longer able to care for the ten pound furball......eventually it was an assisted care nursing home.

Glenn Campbell's song "I'm not going to miss you" really gives an inside look to someone on the outside from the person that has it.

Met him and a lion cub (that I'd taken home if I could) at the Columbus Zoo back in the 90's. He and a helper drove a golf cart out into the public area with Jack holding the lion. What a great guy and allowing us that close was a joy. 

Dementia needs more resurch than this current issue.....I have seen a number of relative die from it....a slow horrible death sometimes lasting years. The biggest health crisis we have right now.

RIP Jack

1 hour ago, TonyK said:

Always liked him as a guest on the talk shows but felt bad because it always seemed he was rushed. He offered some good entertainment and education about each animal.

It was kinda his personality....he was somewhat that way in person at the zoo....I'd call it high energy!