Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Mercury Cougar

gks1964

• 2 weeks later...

Another one of my favorite stock cars (71 Cyclone/Montego, 73 Montego GT and the 76 Cougar) Gonna watch this.

As an FYI, the 1:1 hood for the Montego GT and Cougar interchange, so you will have the same shapes and peak, just no scoops.

3 hours ago, Sledsel said:

Another one of my favorite stock cars (71 Cyclone/Montego, 73 Montego GT and the 76 Cougar) Gonna watch this.

As an FYI, the 1:1 hood for the Montego GT and Cougar interchange, so you will have the same shapes and peak, just no scoops.

That's just a scrap hood to mock it up!! Thanks for the info. Good to know!!!

38 minutes ago, gks1964 said:

That's just a scrap hood to mock it up!! Thanks for the info. Good to know!!!

No problem, I just know most of us try to be as accurate as possible, especially with a scratch build or conversion.

Just notice you are from Cleveland... I am 40 minutes from downtown.

2 hours ago, Sledsel said:

No problem, I just know most of us try to be as accurate as possible, especially with a scratch build or conversion.

Just notice you are from Cleveland... I am 40 minutes from downtown.

40 minutes is like neighbors!

Nice work so far Gerald. I am a little baffled as to why you are changing the top of the windshield. The real problem might be us sourcing a clear windshield after the mods. I was thinking just buy a 76 Torino kit for the glass, that seems "out the windiw" now. Am I missing something?

I was hoping for the Montego earlier version, the one used after the 73 Montego GT. I know, you can't please us all :)

21 hours ago, Bill J said:

Nice work so far Gerald. I am a little baffled as to why you are changing the top of the windshield. The real problem might be us sourcing a clear windshield after the mods. I was thinking just buy a 76 Torino kit for the glass, that seems "out the windiw" now. Am I missing something?

I was hoping for the Montego earlier version, the one used after the 73 Montego GT. I know, you can't please us all :)

I'm working on the 76 Montego next!!

• 3 weeks later...