Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Peterbilt 359

That trailer was originally issued with the Pete 359,  and the kit included a Gen 3 Camaro, and Firebird, the decals were "Prestige Auto Carriers".... the truck and trailer were white with dark blue and gold decals.... it was a NICE kit, ...

6 hours ago, Biggu said:

That trailer was originally issued with the Pete 359,  and the kit included a Gen 3 Camaro, and Firebird, the decals were "Prestige Auto Carriers".... the truck and trailer were white with dark blue and gold decals.... it was a NICE kit, ...

I’ve got two of those kits in my stash, it’s a BIG box....

It's nice to see they bring the truck kits from the 80's back and I hope they will do more of them as I would like to see the Bill Signs Clydes II kit sometime in the future...I missed that one, Revell also did a 353 both dual and tri-drive and K100 tri-drive except for the dual drive kits recently issued.
We could also use more trailers.

2 hours ago, Force said:

It's nice to see they bring the truck kits from the 80's back and I hope they will do more of them as I would like to see the Bill Signs Clydes II kit sometime in the future...I missed that one, Revell also did a 353 both dual and tri-drive and K100 tri-drive except for the dual drive kits recently issued.
We could also use more trailers.

Yes, more trailers, like a REAL good accurate heavy haul Low Bed

I wouldn't hold my breath until any of the larger manufacturers doing one but Keystone Aluminum Model Miniatures has a 3d printed model in the works shown at the MTDG group.
I would be satisfied if Revell issued trailers from their own old tooling like the Beall tanker and some others.

I built the Black Magic version back in the early 80's so it was quite a long time ago but I dont remeber much hassle, the hood hinges need some work for the hood to open properly but otherwise not much to talk about.
Hopefully the chrome plating is better this time around because the under laying clear coat was put on very thick on the first issues and the tires used back then suffers from dry rot.

Edited by Force

On 4/17/2021 at 8:12 AM, Biggu said:

Putting the box art with the words

revell-24th-scale-prestige-auto_1_d999c5662055d42aa4eeccfea2f08237.jpg

On 4/17/2021 at 11:12 AM, Biggu said:

1 hour ago, martinfan5 said:

Putting the box art with the words

revell-24th-scale-prestige-auto_1_d999c5662055d42aa4eeccfea2f08237.jpg

It would be nice if they would reissue things like this. Now that I'm an adult with money. 

15 hours ago, Tabbysdaddy said:

It would be nice if they would reissue things like this. Now that I'm an adult with money. 

The F-bodies were turned into a Street Machine and a Pro Street (Camaro/Firebird), and they've never been reissued in a stock boxing - not sure if they were permanently mutated into the "customs" or those were 2n1s as they're a little before my time.  But they've never been reissued in any form since the late 80s, and might be part of Atlantis at this point.  Either way given what RevellAG would probably price the box set of just the truck and trailer at, it's at least as economical to buy the two separately and then fill it with cars you already own.  The trailer was just reissued last month.

2 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

The F-bodies were turned into a Street Machine and a Pro Street (Camaro/Firebird), and they've never been reissued in a stock boxing - not sure if they were permanently mutated into the "customs" or those were 2n1s as they're a little before my time.  But they've never been reissued in any form since the late 80s, and might be part of Atlantis at this point.  Either way given what RevellAG would probably price the box set of just the truck and trailer at, it's at least as economical to buy the two separately and then fill it with cars you already own.  The trailer was just reissued last month.

I have a Revell Camaro, I'm not sure if it's the same one. I also have the trailer. I guess I'm halfway there. :D I think the box set is cool, but I see your point. High cost and limited market makes it less feasible. 

The Camaro I have is stock, and was sold at Walmart under the Motorworks series.