Model Cars Magazine Forum

Jo-Han 1956 Plymouth interior

As I just got a Jo-Han 1956 Plymouth promo (non-acetate) off the 'Bay, I remembered that these once came in a kit with an aftermarket resin interior. Does anyone know who produced it, and if it's still available for purchase?

I have one too - glad I got it when I did. Odd thing about this interior, though:

1082061249_56interior.jpg.ee20a5f0ced52799191d415bdcbe7a0c.jpg

The Jo-Han '56 Plymouth is a four-door, but this is set up like a two-door, from the door panel length and rear seat armrests - yet it still has rear door handles :huh:. Didn't Modelhaus make a '56 Fury hardtop? Maybe they used the master from that kit?

On 5/31/2021 at 1:21 AM, ChrisBcritter said:

...The Jo-Han '56 Plymouth is a four-door, but this is set up like a two-door, from the door panel length and rear seat armrests - yet it still has rear door handles :huh:. Didn't Modelhaus make a '56 Fury hardtop?...

You're right! I had never unwrapped this kit before taking this photo.

My 2013 Modelhaus catalog doesn't list a '56 Plymouth complete kit (maybe they did one later?).

John

• 2 weeks later...

Years ago many of us were putting incomplete kits together using Modelhaus pieces before they went out of business..
At the time I never dreamed that would happen.

Many of us are glad we stashed these parts to restore the kits we collected.

To bad their gone.

What a gift they were to the car modeling community for years.

Lot's of fun because of that little cottage industry, and were still getting to enjoy their contribution many years later.

Thanks Modelhaus