Model Cars Magazine Forum

Baby Moons for Big Rigs

16 minutes ago, Warren D said:

I'm looking for the "baby moon" chrome caps for the rear hubs on tractors.  I'd prefer a source in the US and a stock item, I have a deadline and don't have time to wait 6 weeks.

Thanks

Go to Micheal’s or Hobby Lobby and look at iron on studs. There are various sizes.

F9539B63-C492-42BB-8328-E467B193391F.jpeg.e93a123453ce34b6c5fee3ed04f7c25f.jpeg

Edited by DRIPTROIT 71
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Warren D said:

Thanks, that should work!

I don’t know how tight your time schedule is, or if things are the same in Connecticut, but it usually takes 2-3 weeks for something to arrive in North Carolina from ST Supply in Canada once it has been shipped. Not speaking negatively of ST Supply. It is a shipping from Canada thing. I received my KFS tires yesterday that were shipped on the 10th.

I've had better experiences but a lot depends on where in Canada.  I think it'll work, I have about 3 weeks left, just don't have time to order from Australia which can take 6 weeks or more.  I have a plan B I could go to if time gets critical.  The good thing is these parts can be put on anytime, nothing else depends on them being in place.  It's a tight build anyway, been busy with other things in life and I'm quite behind where I wanted to be.  Rain all this weekend will help this build but puts me behind in other areas.  I could use a couple extra days each weekend or maybe 2-4 extra hours each day.....

2 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Went to Michel's yesterday here in Canada , and what a disappointment ,they had nothing even close to what look like Baby moon's ,the hunt continues.

I get mine from an office supplies place (thumbtacks)

2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Went to Michel's yesterday here in Canada , and what a disappointment ,they had nothing even close to what look like Baby moon's ,the hunt continues.

I will look the next time that I go to the Michael’s here. That is where I found the ones above.  I had to buy a set that had more that I couldn’t do anything with than ones that I could use. They were pretty cheap though. I will let you know if I find any more.

3 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I will look the next time that I go to the Michael’s here. That is where I found the ones above.  I had to buy a set that had more that I couldn’t do anything with than ones that I could use. They were pretty cheap though. I will let you know if I find any more.

That would be Awesome thank you ,I mainly need them for 1/24th Italeri truck kits .

On 5/31/2021 at 2:11 PM, Mr mopar said:

That would be Awesome thank you ,I mainly need them for 1/24th Italeri truck kits .

I just left Micheal’s. Evidently they don’t carry those studs anymore. The closest thing that they had was more like a flat mirror than a hubcap. I will check Hobby Lobby soon and see if they have anything similar.

11 hours ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I just left Micheal’s. Evidently they don’t carry those studs anymore. The closest thing that they had was more like a flat mirror than a hubcap. I will check Hobby Lobby soon and see if they have anything similar.

Thx !

• 4 weeks later...
8 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I got my order of Baby moons today off etsy 8mm & 10mm  look awesome .

I checked Hobby Lobby again today with my wife. Evidently those iron on studs that I had found in the past, are just that, a thing of the past. Sorry for taking so long to get back. I have actually made a couple of trips to both Micheals and Hobby Lobby looking for them. I thought maybe that I was just overlooking them. Glad that you found some!

On 7/3/2021 at 1:07 PM, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

I checked Hobby Lobby again today with my wife. Evidently those iron on studs that I had found in the past, are just that, a thing of the past. Sorry for taking so long to get back. I have actually made a couple of trips to both Micheals and Hobby Lobby looking for them. I thought maybe that I was just overlooking them. Glad that you found some!

https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/675454248/100pcs-4mm6mm8mm10mm12mm-silver-round?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=chrome+round+dome+stud&ref=sr_gallery-3-37&orgasearch_click=1nic_ the 8mm and 10mm work good for 1/24th trucks .