Model Cars Magazine Forum

Kenworth Aerodyne Dash?

I'm also qurious why anyone hasn't done a correct dash for the K100 Aerodyne kits, the K100 Aerodyne cab itself came 1976 with the Bicentennial Edition and AMT kit of the K100 Aerodyne have been on the market since the late 70's and the Revell Germany K100 Aerodyne kit since the early 80's and neither kit has a correct dash, I mean, it has been over 40 years and still nothing.
With today's technology it wouldn't be that hard to 3D print a master an cast them up in resin or something...if I could operate a CAD program myself it would for sure have been done allready together with some other parts I would like to have done.

Edited by Force

Jim B just contacted me concerning the dash that I was working on so I might as well give you all the update. 

I had almost finished it & I passed it on to cb when the current trouble started, (I freaked out, I'm autistic), anywho cb done the dirty on me & hasn't spoken to me since & Jim informed me that he hasn't been on the site in a year which is about the time I gave him the parts so I have no idea on it's current where abouts or what's happening with it. 

Goes to show, trust no one. 

Such is life. 

I am very sorry for letting all of you who were wanting one down. 

Be safe everyone & much love & peace be upon you & your loved ones. 

2 hours ago, Yahshu said:

You did not let anyone down. You held up to your end of the work.  It is all good and just another day in the world of modeling. 

• Like 1

On 6/13/2021 at 4:58 PM, Yahshu said:

Jim B just contacted me concerning the dash that I was working on so I might as well give you all the update. 

I had almost finished it & I passed it on to cb when the current trouble started, (I freaked out, I'm autistic), anywho cb done the dirty on me & hasn't spoken to me since & Jim informed me that he hasn't been on the site in a year which is about the time I gave him the parts so I have no idea on it's current where abouts or what's happening with it. 

Goes to show, trust no one. 

Such is life. 

Don't worry about it Phil.
The kits has been out now and again for over 40 years and I just wonder why no one on the aftermarket has done a correct K100 Aerodyne dash before as most of us know the dash in both the AMT and Revell kits are wrong.
I mean there are right hand drive conversions available for most kits but the incorrect dash has been overseen, so a correct dash for the K100 Aerodyne kits is not available in left hand nor right hand drive.

Edited by Force
  • Like 1