Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ads covering titles

Sorry. I have been using an ad blocker on this site for years on my PC and now the new laptop. I have stopped visiting the site on my Android tablet because it was frequently unviewable because of what your screenshots show. I don't find the forum particularly smartphone friendly either.

I hate to have to do this, but the admins don't seem to be able to keep the size of the ads under control.

6 hours ago, Rodent said:

I hate to have to do this, but the admins don't seem to be able to keep the size of the ads under control.

This is all about the shady ad companies. Ad control is a full time job for Dave. Every time he fixes something, the ad companies change how they do things and sneak inappropriate or obscenely large ads back into their rotation. To blame the admins (Dave) is disrespectful. He has to walk a fine line of allowing ads into the site, to generate revenue, with keeping the ads under control so that they do not infringe on how folks view the site. Hopefully the magazine does well and we can start selling ad space here. That would allow us to control what is shown on the site. When using Google, or other companies, things are much more out of our control and easily manipulated by others.

3 hours ago, Xingu said:

To blame the admins (Dave) is disrespectful.

Sorry, maybe this should have said "Despite their best efforts......."

Being able to sell ad space to magazine advertisers and other model-related vendors is what I am hoping can be done sooner rather than later.

Anyone had the invisible ads yet?
They happen mostly while looking at the forum on the phone.

If i want to go in on for example wip big rigs and heavy equipment i click on that like normal but instead of going to all the posts it will redirect me to whatever ad was hiding there.
It can be any section of the forum and you never know where they hide because of the invisible part of them.
Sometimes they are worse and sometimes they are not there at all, its been a few days now since the last ad tricked me.

But while on my phone i dont have adblocker on to help a bit but they can atleast show where they are so you dont click on them by accident.

I sent a message to Dave and I was advised to click on the triangle and report the ad.  Problem is there is nothing related to this issue of full screen ads popping up.  I'm not about to give them my personal information.  It's just to frustrating to deal with all the full screen ads on every page I view.  I hate to say it but It's no longer fun to come to this site anymore and fight all the ads.  I've never seen anything this bad.    

ad.jpg

i run like 9 different ad blockers  on my laptop due to youtube trying to find ways around them to still put ads for non existant companies or services  on videos and the video makers have no idea it is happening and youtube seams to be doing this so people have to sign up for thier premium service to have no ads  and have them show up even with  certain ad blockers so i never see ads on any other page or in my email  since yahoo seams to be allowing  random  ads in thier email
i have a feeling eventually everyone will have to have to pay for a preimum service just to not have random ads  or any ads at all through any of the internet companies google,yahoo and probly bing i am not sure if they have them cause i do not own  any devices made by windows since i do not like thier operating systems 

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2021 at 11:13 AM, Zippi said:

I sent a message to Dave and I was advised to click on the triangle and report the ad.  Problem is there is nothing related to this issue of full screen ads popping up.  I'm not about to give them my personal information.  It's just to frustrating to deal with all the full screen ads on every page I view.  I hate to say it but It's no longer fun to come to this site anymore and fight all the ads.  I've never seen anything this bad.    

ad.jpg

Lmao

On 6/11/2021 at 8:13 AM, Zippi said:

ad.jpg

That's just disturbing. I'll revisit our settings. <sigh>