Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bburago Ferrari 275 GTB Restoration

spencer1984

I forgot to take some "before" pics of this swap meet find, but maybe this before and after of the glass can give you an idea of its condition when I started:

rendezvous-ferrari-glass.jpg.e7ea0cf8ae337a3ddaba9c199a06e428.jpg

Other than the much-needed cleaning, I rechromed the bumpers, replaced the broken wheels, made new headlight covers, and gave it the missing trim components:

rendezvous-ferrari-03.jpg.7e84ae297bac20659c11928e8fb038e2.jpg

rendezvous-ferrari-04.jpg.a61308e46024059eccd467978b9de146.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, guys!

10 hours ago, peteski said:

What did you use to re-chrome the bumpers?  Also, how did you make the headlight covers?  The other question is: are those the original scripts and badges, or you found replacements?

The bumpers were redone with Bare Metal Foil, and the rest of the trim was a combination of original and replacement parts. For the headlight covers, I took the clear blister from a Hot Wheels car and set it on the side of the Ferrari, moving it around until the lines looked like they matched the body contours. Then I traced the opening with a marker and cut out the blister, and made a new frame from aluminum repair tape. It took a few tries, this was my first attempt:

rendezvous-ferrari-headlight.jpg.20152391fd281ecd56310dd2238b419c.jpg

Edited by spencer1984