Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 69 Boss 302 Mustang


Recommended Posts

This is my recently completed Boss 302 Mustang. Love this kit! Paint is Tamiya TS12 Orange with a TS13 clear coat. Trim is Silver Sharpie as in all my builds, works good enough for me, along with the Testor’s tube glue. Thanks for looking.

 

AF7C1005-4B70-466B-963D-517C176A9C00.jpeg

41B946EE-C35D-4096-8820-851FB6AB68CF.jpeg

A63F2392-A0C9-48C2-88A3-54450359B577.jpeg

DED8DBED-E07F-4347-B1C6-53BEEC05CB7F.jpeg

11ADC010-E25C-4F07-B8FD-9DC620684023.jpeg

8982877E-9133-4931-8530-7E0F491F0EB5.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

I always liked the ole Boss 302 Mustang.  That Tamiya orange looks great.  Nice job.

Edited by Zippi
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, shoopdog said:

This is my recently completed Boss 302 Mustang. Love this kit! Paint is Tamiya TS12 Orange with a TS13 clear coat. Trim is Silver Sharpie as in all my builds, works good enough for me, along with the Testor’s tube glue. Thanks for looking.

 

AF7C1005-4B70-466B-963D-517C176A9C00.jpeg

41B946EE-C35D-4096-8820-851FB6AB68CF.jpeg

A63F2392-A0C9-48C2-88A3-54450359B577.jpeg

DED8DBED-E07F-4347-B1C6-53BEEC05CB7F.jpeg

11ADC010-E25C-4F07-B8FD-9DC620684023.jpeg

8982877E-9133-4931-8530-7E0F491F0EB5.jpeg

Very nice

Link to post
Share on other sites

I have several questions? Is this the stance or did you modify it? And what black did you use for the hood? Looks great. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, oldscool said:

Looks great!

 

14 hours ago, Zippi said:

I always liked the ole Boss 302 Mustang.  That Tamiya orange looks great.  Nice job.

 

13 hours ago, cobraman said:

Nice looking Mustang.

 

8 hours ago, charger74 said:

Its very nice

 

7 hours ago, RAMBENNA said:

very nice job, looks great

 

5 hours ago, Venom said:

Absolutely excellent... Paint is right on👍

 

1 hour ago, ChrisR said:

Very nice!

 

1 hour ago, afx said:

Agreed, very nice.

 

16 minutes ago, Tom99 said:

Very nice!

Thank you all !

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Brudda said:

I have several questions? Is this the stance or did you modify it? And what black did you use for the hood? Looks great. 

Thank you Bruce!

The black paint is just Testors Flat Black with a coat of clear. Stance is straight from the box.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Your build looks just like the real car. I worked with a guy in the early '80's who bought  a '69 Boss 302 from the original owner who really knew how to care for an automobile and drive it with out breaking it. This guy had more dollars than cense and managed to destroy the engine in a couple of months. Your paint finish and the body and molding trim looks perfect and just the way I remember them looking.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bainford said:

Very nice Boss. Looks great in that shade of orange. Well done.

 

2 hours ago, Curt said:

Excellent job, Keith,

 

1 hour ago, espo said:

Your build looks just like the real car. I worked with a guy in the early '80's who bought  a '69 Boss 302 from the original owner who really knew how to care for an automobile and drive it with out breaking it. This guy had more dollars than cense and managed to destroy the engine in a couple of months. Your paint finish and the body and molding trim looks perfect and just the way I remember them looking.  

 

1 hour ago, Hi-Po said:

Looks really good.  Nice clean build.

Thanks guys!

2 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very clean, very sharp build! Silver Sharpies forever, BOO-YA! Well done and model on! B)

Thank you Snake, if it were not for you I probably would have never thought of using the Sharpies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Thank you Bruce!

The black paint is just Testors Flat Black with a coat of clear. Stance is straight from the box.

Thank you shoopdog. Really cool boss. Yours looks the part. Great job 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/19/2021 at 1:29 PM, shoopdog said:

Thank you Snake, if it were not for you I probably would have never thought of using the Sharpies.

Hey, they're not perfect, but they're way easier than either silver paint or foil, and VERY cost-effective. The only trick is to make sure you always have at least two new 2-packs on hand at all time, because you never know when one is going to suddenly go west on you. You can shake one like a thermometer and get a little more use out of it, but when it's time to start shaking, it's time to start thinking about popping a new one. 

I've been known to say that if they ever stop making Silver Sharpies, I'll have to give up car modeling and go back to airplanes. (And maybe tanks.) B)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...