Model Cars Magazine Forum

Custom 55 chevy truck

customsrus

55 chevy truck mixed with 54 corvette. corvette headlights,grille,and windshield molded to truck cab. complete corvette interior with modified dash. rear quarter panels of vette molded on truck bed. front valance of vette molded to lower back of truck bed.doors also reshaped to fit vette panels.engine is out of a mercedes 500 SL.chassis is from boyds smoothster.exhaust made from coat hanger.wheels and tires are from pegaus hobbies.I am sure I can think of more things I did to this truck but it might take me too long. hope you like it, John

IMG_0188-vi.jpgIMG_0190-vi.jpg

IMG_0191-vi.jpgIMG_0193-vi.jpg

Your builds are truly a "work of art"................. :lol: ..........I've looked at each one you have posted, and the craftsmanship simply amazes me.......Can't wait to see more.............. ;)

hey thanks for all the kind words. wait until you see my next model I am posting. I might post a peek of it if you want to see it.

WOW, I don't know how you guys do it, but VERY nice work!! Here I am worried about if my kit bash 4x4's tires will fit in the wheel base...LOL.

On a second note, wjat do you use for bondo/body forming? I used model puddy back in the early 90's and it took forever to dry and never worked out like I wanted it to.

WOW, I don't know how you guys do it, but VERY nice work!! Here I am worried about if my kit bash 4x4's tires will fit in the wheel base...LOL.

On a second note, wjat do you use for bondo/body forming? I used model puddy back in the early 90's and it took forever to dry and never worked out like I wanted it to.

hey 'bronco69' i have been using squadron putty for awhile now and have had pretty good results, but it does have a tendency to shrink. just make sure you let it dry. i am looking at using the two part putty systems on the market because they dont shrink.