Model Cars Magazine Forum

Gilmore Girls Jeep Wrangler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9OX8JtJffWo

My new project is Lorelai Gilmore's Jeep from Gilmore Girls. I am using the new release from Revell of the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon and I will decontent it to reproduce Lorelai's Jeep. I will change the tires, lower the suspension a bit, remove the air snorkel and paint the Jeep in Tamiya AS-15 Tan. I need to find a soft top for this Jeep. Here's what became of Lorelai's Jeep.

https://www.autotrader.com/car-news/heres-what-happened-gilmore-girls-jeep-wrangler-255920

Gilmore Girls will continue...

Gilmore01.JPG

Gilmore02.JPG

Gilmore03.JPG

Edited by mrmike
  • Like 1

I started on Lorelai's Jeep by filling in the holes for the snorkel.  This will not be needed.  As an experiment, I brushed on some Tamiya X-23 Clear Blue paint for the fade that is present on Connecticut license plates.  Not bad, but it could have been better.  I measured the posts and decided on a 1/8" cut on the posts to lower the suspension height.  I may start with 1/16" first just for grins and giggles.

Gilmore Girls will return...

Gilmore04.JPG

Gilmore05.JPG

Gilmore06.JPG

I drilled out the holes along the rocker panels and filled them with styrene rod and cut them flush with the rockers.  These will be smoothed over with Bondo.  The rear panel of the Jeep had the pattern of aluminium panels and I sanded the rear of the Jeep since Lorelai's Jeep doesn't have it.

Gilmore07.JPG

Gilmore08.JPG

Gilmore09.JPG

• mrmike changed the title to Gilmore Girls Jeep Wrangler

Paint was flyin' this afternoon!  I painted most of my small parts with Rustoleum Semi Gloss Black and Tamiya TS-29 Semi Gloss Black and the interior seats with Tamiya TS-4 German Grey.

Gilmore13.JPG

Gilmore14.JPG

Gilmore15.JPG

Edited by mrmike

Since my paintbooth was up and running, I painted the body and floor with Tamiya AS-15 Tan.  This will be followed by a couple coats of Tamiya TS-13 Gloss Clear.  The interior floor will get a coat of Tamiya TS-6 Matt Black.

Gilmore16.JPG

Gilmore17.JPG

Gilmore18.JPG