Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell '55 Chevy 2-dr sedan; windshield and chrome h-lites wanted

W Humble

I need a new windshield for a Revell '55 Chevy 2-dr sedan (why I put Monogram, etc. in the earlier post, I dunno'!) and the chrome bezels for the headlights and turn-signals.  The windshield cracked from not being glued into the body for so long, I guess, and the sprue holding the four chrome light parts just deserted.  Got the lenses yet.  Lots of parts to trade still.

Trying to finish a model representation of my first car, a '55 Delray coupe I bought in 1961.  It was highly modified by another young buck who got drafted, with all the lakes-pipes, lowering (red wheels, big moons, and whitewalls -- the wide ones!) that were popular in 1960, plus dechroming, Fridge white paint, and light blue striping by 'Coop' Cooper.  Keeno!  By 1962, I'd taken out the rear lowering blocks and sold the lakers, painted the rims black and substituted baby moonies.  By '63 it was sold -- for college money!  Oh well... 

27 minutes ago, W Humble said:

I need a new windshield for a Revell '55 Chevy 2-dr sedan (why I put Monogram, etc. in the earlier post, I dunno'!) and the chrome bezels for the headlights and turn-signals.  The windshield cracked from not being glued into the body for so long, I guess, and the sprue holding the four chrome light parts just deserted.  Got the lenses yet.  Lots of parts to trade still.

Trying to finish a model representation of my first car, a '55 Delray coupe I bought in 1961.  It was highly modified by another young buck who got drafted, with all the lakes-pipes, lowering (red wheels, big moons, and whitewalls -- the wide ones!) that were popular in 1960, plus dechroming, Fridge white paint, and light blue striping by 'Coop' Cooper.  Keeno!  By 1962, I'd taken out the rear lowering blocks and sold the lakers, painted the rims black and substituted baby moonies.  By '63 it was sold -- for college money!  Oh well... 

Hi James, I have these 2 sets of parking lights-bezels and complete light. Also one headlight bezel. i don't know which 55 Chevy kits they are from. I can probably find another headlight bezel or two similar to this one if no one else has one. I also have bumper guards, hood ornament, and Chevy emblem if you need them. I should have a couple of bumpers too, just not sure which kit they all came with.

If you want any of this You are welcome to it. I don't need anything in return.  -Rich

DSC01291.JPG

14 hours ago, rsmodels said:

Hi James, I have these 2 sets of parking lights-bezels and complete light. Also one headlight bezel. i don't know which 55 Chevy kits they are from. I can probably find another headlight bezel or two similar to this one if no one else has one. I also have bumper guards, hood ornament, and Chevy emblem if you need them. I should have a couple of bumpers too, just not sure which kit they all came with.

If you want any of this You are welcome to it. I don't need anything in return.  -Rich

DSC01291.JPG

14 hours ago, rsmodels said:

DSC01291.JPG

The park lights on the right are revell 55 chevy ones on left are AMT 55 chevy.

9 hours ago, larry ray said:

The park lights on the right are revell 55 chevy ones on left are AMT 55 chevy.

Nope. All 3 chrome trees are AMT. The middle one is from early versions of the AMT '55 Chevy Nomad, and is meant to be used with the included clear lenses for the turn signals. The tooling was later revised to include part numbers and eliminate separate clear lenses and was now used for the newly released AMT/Ertl '55 Bel Air 2dr sedan kits as well as newer issues of the Nomad, as shown by the sprue on the right. Interestingly, the clear lenses are still on the Nomad clear parts sprue. The tree on the left is from the sedan kits only, the separate chrome emblems were not part of the Nomad kit. Unfortunately, the front turn signals are poorly shaped in both kits. They should be much flatter along the bottom edge; semi-circular in shape, not elliptical like a lemon. In conclusion, go with Revell parts!

Edited by jokar124

Rich, I'd very much appreciate your offer of the '55 parts!  Yes, if I'm the modeler I think I am, they will work!  Thanks, also, Jo.  

Are you sure there isn't anything you need from me?  Ask, I might have it.  Wick  Can you PM me, pls?  :-<)

• 5 months later...