Model Cars Magazine Forum

Inexpensive paint booth recommendations

24 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Lots of good info here. 

Bilge fan, power supply, ducting, hose clamps, all available on Amazon for $130 CDN.

Add a furnace filter and either scrap wood or foam core board, and done.

Not as daunting as I thought. Time to upgrade my painting area.

Don't forget a switch, wire and a fuse holder. I really like my paint booth, no smell in the shop at all when using rattle cans.

I've got one very similar to this except mine has built in led lights. Mine was about £40 quid cheaper than this one is and it works well enough. I have emphysema and i can spray at it with out a mask but i have loads so I'm gonna use them, lol. My only regret with it is I should have bought the next size up as its a little small for my way of painting (i like to get as much done at one time rather than individually)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/HaoSheng-NEW-Black-Model-Extraction/dp/B01E2OYRYO/ref=sr_1_22?keywords=paint+booth&qid=1661573309&sr=8-22

I was going to make my own spray booth but I finally broke down and just bought one.  I bought a dual fan spray booth as it's a little larger than the single and moves more air.  The spray booth has made a Hugh difference in the quality of my painting.  i know the dual fan unit is over your budget but I can tell you this....I have found that if a rattle can is used there is much more paint being shot at the filter and I have gotten overspray outside the booth.  I still spray rattle cans outside.