Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/8 Scale Volvo 122s from IXO Collections

traditional

There are just under 1000 parts...all nicely molded and finished. The body, engine block, hinges,  suspension, and wheels are all diecast as are many of the smaller details.  This model kit seems expensive at almost US$1000, but quite honestly, when you factor in the sheer number of well finished parts and the probable limited sales quantity, I don't know how they manage it.

Almost everything fastens together with a myriad of tiny screws and the complete assembly took me around 5 full days time.The horn, lights, and engine sound all work, although I learned long ago, it's best to never leave batteries in any toys too long.

Volvo kit 9.jpg

Volvo kit 12.jpg

Volvo kit 16.jpg

Volvo kit 17 - Copy.jpg

Volvo kit 8.jpg

Volvo kit 10.jpg

Volvo kit 15.jpg

Edited by traditional
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

What an incredible model Cliff. I’ll bet assembling it was a lot of fun! I had no idea IXO made models like this. One of my high school teachers drove one of these Volvos. I don’t remember too much about it except that it was red and that he had just finished installing a set of Koni shocks on it.

Eric