Model Cars Magazine Forum

SALZ WAGEN: A heavily scratchbuilt Allison powered V12 Volks van for the salt flats

I had the privilege of seeing this beauty in the flesh as Claude always says and it is truly a beauty, well and cleanly build like everything Claude offers us.

Needless to mention Claude's love for salt flat cars, his boundless imagination and good taste are once again on display here and we can only appreciate it! 👌

On 12/9/2023 at 12:13 PM, AmericanMuscleFan said:

I had the privilege of seeing this beauty in the flesh as Claude always says and it is truly a beauty, well and cleanly build like everything Claude offers us.

Needless to mention Claude's love for salt flat cars, his boundless imagination and good taste are once again on display here and we can only appreciate it! 👌

Hi my friend!

Thanks for the kind words.

I am indeed very attracted to anything that runs at Bonneville. But the sheer variety of 1/1 vehicles there, coupled to the numerous creations by talented modelers make it more and more difficult to come up with something "fresh" for my annual salt car project...

I have two on the bench right now, and I think it will surprise a few fellow modelers this coming october at the Quebec model show. We'll see LOL.

And going to the salt flats in person is still on my bucket list. Next year maybe?

CT