Model Cars Magazine Forum

No longer in progress GTO Judge

Jason Rothgeb

First off WoW! My last visit was July 3rd 2008. As I was telling most of the folks at the Big Sit yesterday, it has been a whirlwind year with a new job that had me traveling almost every week for the past six months and the birth of my second daughter on Aug.22nd. This did not leave a lot of time for building, but I did manage to get my first build of 2009 done and the first completion since all the craziness began in June of '08. This is now finished, but I'm posting it here since this is an in-progress image that I cobbed from Doebley's fotki album. Thanks Bob

P2060071-vi.jpg

Looks nice from here.

paint and wheels look right on.

Bumper?

Last thing to call it finished?

Thanks Zuk. The paint is Testor's Hugger Orange Laquer in the rattlecan with Tamiya clear over it. Aside from the bumper there was some BMF on the rocker panel and door handle as well as clean up with Novus 1. I highly recommend the kit it is a nice kit that went together well with the only problem getting the kitbashed wheels from the 70 Trans Am kit to fit. I used them because they represent the Rally IIs without trim rings which were correct for the Judge. Other kitbashed pieces include the rear and sideview mirrors from the Z/28 kit which were more accurately molded than the GTO pieces.