Model Cars Magazine Forum

Tsunami Pete 379 showtruck

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Guys...and SORRY; the truck is finished up; made top 15 in Birmingham; and won best of show in Joplin.....here's a final shot of the truck.......I am currently getting all of the "goodies" together for next my one!!! It will be a 16th scale pete...... Matt

Hunter; THANKS! I finally got a great buy on 16th pete on ebay...and a trailer this weekend! Both new kits.... I think I have already got a line on an extra frame for stretching....as far as the widgets....I am going all aluminum on this one...Right now I am thinking tanks, breathers and rims in aluminum; and polished to a mirror finish....I may even have a grill shell machined for this one as well.... I am using the OLD school 345 style truck for my inspiration for the 16th scale build.... so it will have a narrow "butterfly" hod; little window cab, and bodywork that looks like a 345/350 style old truck....this build will be be less "conceptual" and will be more of a road going custom............Matt

Hey Promod; Thanks! The resin 379 hood is one that I produce....the hood on Tsunami is greatly modified....but the basic resin unit I started with is a 127BBC X hood....includes the grill shell...email me off bpoard for details........matt

monkeyclaw62@aol.com

Matt,

Great looking custom truck. I like your paint scheme. Interesting you mention a 1/16 scale Pete. I too have bought of Ebay a 1/16 Monogram Pete 359 (The white one with the rainbow stripes) and the 1/16 Fruehauf Trailer. Whilst I am waiting for my Spoke trailer wheels from Chris at Sourkrauts I have started work scratch building a 1/16" 12V71TTA Detroit for a Monogram Pete. Progress is coming on well. I will see about getting some photo's soon and starting a new thread.

Good Luck with your future build.

Best Wishes

Dave

Hey Matt, that is one very cool truck, I am glad I got to see it in person, it was also great to be able to sit down and talk with you. I look forward to seeing your 1/16 pete, and hope to see you at our show next year with your 1/16 scale truck, I may have mine done by then (I hope!!!!!)

Keep up the great work

Hey guys; THANKS! For Dave.... Sounds like pours is a nice project....I will be waiting to see the detroit 12!!!! As for me; I am planning to do a narrow hood truck; so I am going to have to do a 6 cyl for mine....so probably a cumming NTC 350 (ish) type.....that seems pretty straight forward to build from scratch; and will fit the narrow butterfly hood I am planning.

Rick; I sure had a GREAT time at you guys showin Joplin; and you can count me in for next years' show for sure... It was great getting to sit down with you as well; and I look forward to seeing your big pete finished up! I'm sure I will be emailing you for pointers on doing the lighting and such! Matt