Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 GMC General: AMT Coca Cola Kit - Scale 1/25

My first Truck Tractor Kit. I bought it at 50% off. I don’t know much about these kits, but as many reviews showed, it has lots of issues. Lots of flashing to clean, which is horrible to do on small pieces. I’m going to build it and make some modifications (whatever pops in my head as I go), and practice some techniques I have learned recently. I’ve started this hobby a while back (on and off), so consider myself a newbie. Stay tuned for more updates as I build the kit and also the diorama. 

IMG_5924.jpeg

IMG_5923.jpeg

IMG_5922.jpeg

Edited by QbanFam
  • Like 1

• QbanFam changed the title to 1976 GMC General: AMT Coca Cola Kit - Scale 1/25
15 hours ago, Gary Chastain said:

It’s a fun kit and yes it has some issues. Built this kit last year. 

I’m new to building these kits. I have only built one 1/12 scale motorcycle, which was simple. I typically collect die-cast, but decided to get into building these kits and dioramas, now that I have more time for the hobby.

59 minutes ago, QbanFam said:

I’m new to building these kits. I have only built one 1/12 scale motorcycle, which was simple. I typically collect die-cast, but decided to get into building these kits and dioramas, now that I have more time for the hobby.

Good luck and keep us posted, it’s fun. 

• Like 1

I’m thinking I might add some details, with styrene, to make it look more like a garage-made armored truck. I probably shouldn’t experiment, considering I’m a newbie and I selected a difficult kit, but it’s about having fun and learning. The arrows are pointing at where the additions will be added. I’m looking at tutorials on how to add weld-lines, as seen on some armored vehicles. Let’s see if I can pull this off. To be continued…

IMG_5946.jpeg

IMG_5947.jpeg

IMG_5948.jpeg

IMG_5952.jpeg