Model Cars Magazine Forum

Coo Coo Marlin #14 Monte Carlo

WillyBilly

Calling it done. I was excited to build it, and missed that the heads, and valve covers, and the windshield had glue prints on it. The fit, and finish was typical MPC. I did the Richard Petty, and Davey Alison versions when I was young. I remember them being a PIA to build. You have to pre check the wheelbase when building the chassis. It is a two piece with 3 different locations based on vehicle you are building. The instructions are not the best. It said to install it in the shortest location. That was wrong for the Monte Carlo. Luckily, I checked before starting the build. The instructions are sketchy on other things too like the engine. It says the distributor goes to the front. Not on a BBC it doesn't. Anyways it is finished, and I am very pleased with the result. It was a 48 year wait to build, but worth it. I only wish my brother could have seen it done. Now it gets its own case.

done.jpg

done1.jpg

done3.jpg

done4.jpg

done5.jpg

done6.jpg

done7.jpg

done8.jpg

done9.jpg

done10.jpg

• Like 4

Wow, Billy. I do believe that is the best Coo Coo build I have ever laid eyes on. Great in all categories. Cleanliness of build, Paint work, decal work, attention to detail, and just getting it right. Thanks for posting such a wonderful model for us to view. Looking forward to your next one.

Edited by MarkJ
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/10/2023 at 9:04 AM, MarkJ said:

Wow, Billy. I do believe that is the best Coo Coo build I have ever laid eyes on. Great in all categories. Cleanliness of build, Paint work, decal work, attention to detail, and just getting it right. Thanks for posting such a wonderful model for us to view. Looking forward to your next one.

On 11/10/2023 at 8:19 AM, dwc43 said:

Brings back memories. Looks great on that open trailer. That's the way they used to haul em and towed em with a 10 ton box truck. 

Coo Coo Marlin #14 Monte Carlo - WIP: NASCAR - Model Cars Magazine Forum

NASCAR Legends on X: "Coo Coo Marlin at Nashville in 1973.  https://t.co/kuhibrYt2K" / X

Thank you so much. It means so much to get such compliments by fellow modelers. The build was very special to me, and I wanted to share the build with others. My Brother served his country from 1970-1972 and passed in 2022 at 72 years old. I would have loved to have share this build with him.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...