Model Cars Magazine Forum

1969 Mercury Cougar CJ428

bogger44

Finished putting the wraps on this one today.  Had a good time building it as it went pretty smoothly.  In going for a mild street machine look, I threw on a set of AMT's pad printed tires and custom wheels set and gave it a small rake to the stance.  Under the hood I found some headers in the parts box to use (unknown source).  But, the bigger item here was adding the engine bay assembly from the 73 Cougar kit.  The "bay" is the only surviving piece from the glue bomb I built of that kit when I was a kid, had to clean it up the best I could and came out decent I think.  Painted with Tamiya TS-16 Yellow polished out with no clearcoat.  The final touch was making some exhaust tips from aluminum tubing, and it was a wrap.  The thick overcast skies put a hamper on my camera's ability to pick up the shine well, so I included a shot indoors on the workbench as well.  Thanks for looking and any questions/comments.

2v2ehWFtoxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWyZyxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWyfdxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWFqvxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWdGNxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWdsnxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWdfqxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehGoK5xAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWF83xAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWdNyxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehG24UxAKN8F.jpg

2v2ehWyYjxAKN8F.jpg