Model Cars Magazine Forum

Post pic's of your 1/43 scale models!

Please share with us your 1/43 scale model's that you've either collected and/or built. I'll start with my favorite one.

This is a 1/43 scale die-cast model of my 2001 Honda Insight from the company Ebbro. Ebbro made these in very few colors such as pea-green, blue, and red. Since I own a silver one, I decided to take it apart and repaint it. I used a Testors Light Gun-Metal gray color which I think for scale, really resembles the real car well. I of coarse added a few "tuner" features to the model with custom wheels and 1/43 scale carbon-fiber decal on the hood and fenders. I also added a pair of racing seats on the inside from another model. I now wish I could put the stock wheels back on it, but those are long gone and I'd need to get another model for it.

First picture is my real car. Next couple of pic's is the 1/43 scale model.

DSC08910.jpg

DSC08915.jpg

DSC08914.jpg

DSC08913.jpg

DSC08912.jpg

DSC08911.jpg

These are a couple of some I've built.

Tameo Ferrari 312T 1/43

Picture040.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Profil 24 Porsche 962C Rothmans-1987 Le Mans Winner

DSC_0933.jpg

DSC_0932.jpg

DSC_0924.jpg

A couple of my Porsche Racers:

#40-Starter 1988 Porsche 944 Turbo(1/43)

#12 MPC Porsche 906(1/32)

Chamaleon Silver-Green Arii Porsche 934(1/32)

#10 Heller Porsche 962C (1/43)

#59 M.A Models Porsche 914-6 GT Sebring 1971(1/43)

IM000792.jpg

Simón P. Rivera Torres

I dont' see anything that look's like 1/43 in those pictures? Unless the two Porsches top left of shelfe?

if you look inside the cabinet there are about 30-40 1/43 kiys in the small boxes

from Renaissance, Provence, Feeling, Profile,Tameo, Starter, Arena, Lemans Miniatures. Paddock

and DVA

Wow. I think I have about 10-15 1/43 in total so far. All pre-built. The Insight as stated is an Ebbro pre-built that I simply took apart and repainted to match mine and give it more flavor. I'm very tempted to purchase one of BBR's resin kit's of the K-S Ferrari Competition, but I'm afraid of spending that much money on something that might turn to poop do to my lack of skills. I also dont' think it's warrent enough to spend even more money for a professionally built one, even though I want one really bad.

When your limited on funds like I am, and you have quit a few hobbies, it's really hard to decided exactly what to spend your 300 dollars on when it maybe your only 300 dollars for several months. Now if I had Bill Gates money, I'd have a boat-load of models! Shoot, I'd probably have an extra house just for all the models them selves! LOL!

Edited by FujimiLover

1934FordCalKid.jpg

MyMode2.jpg

This is my modified 1:43 Design Studio built white metal model of "The California Kid". The original model was of the restored "Kid", not the movie car. To make the movie version, I added wheels from a Durham '32 Ford, scratch built side pipes (not attached to anything, just like the movie car), painted extra flames behind the "California Kid" name on the doors, put a Southern California Timing Association sticker on the windshield and added almost correct license plates front and rear. I further improved the appearance with a black wash on the grille.

MyMode3.jpg

I changed the rear bumper to the push bar that was used frequently in the movie.

This is a file photo of the model as produced:

CalKid03.jpg