Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT 1960 Chevy Fleetside - 427 Swapped

This was a very nice kit to build with the exception of my warped/bent frame that made final assembly interesting. Lots of positive attachment points and well thought out construction. The biggest struggle came with getting the wheels and tires to fit, but that’s my fault not the kit’s. I just cut pieces of sprue to use as spacers under the rear coil springs to get them to clear. Paint is generic rattle can semi gloss black with Rustoleum canvas white accents on the roof and grille/bumpers. The 427 was robbed from the 61 Ranchero Custom kit, and the rolling stock and side exit exhaust were borrowed from an old AMT Bill Elliott NASCAR T-Bird. Bicentennial Michigan plate courtesy of Best Model Car Products, and the USA-1 front plate came from AMT’s latest 68 Camaro. Fender 427 emblems were in a Gofer decal package. Tailgate lettering was included in the kit in 3 different colors, I decided to chop them up and use all 3 for the patriotic look. 

IMG_8658.jpeg

IMG_8662.jpeg

IMG_8660.jpeg

IMG_8659.jpeg

IMG_8661.jpeg

IMG_8682.jpeg

• Like 3