Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Johan '63 Plymouth Fury dash

ClassicDarts

I have a "USA oldies" issue '62 Fury convertible... as such, it has the '63 Polara dash, interior tub and steering wheel. (as all the Fury convertibles from this run of kits seem to have... hardtops all have '63 Fury interior components)

It's not that big a deal, especially the interior tub and steering wheel, which are close enough to a '62 non-Sport Fury 'vert.

I figured I'd see if anyone has a '63 Plymouth dash they're willing to part with. (because they're not nearly as uncommon as the original annual '62 dash... figured that would be way too egregious of a request.) :P

At least the '63 dash is similar enough to a '62... same overall shape and instrument cluster contours.

Anyway, just throwing it out there... where it's a drop-top and the dash would be so easily visible / the Dodge dash being almost a completely different shape etc.

I have a fair bit of stuff I could I trade in return, though not much terribly hard to come by...

Posted (edited)

I'd be happy to give up the '63 dodge dash... but I guess nobody would really want it if they have any Johan kits. (who would have a spare '63 fury dash that was looking for a '63 Dodge dash? Likely nobody. :P) This is the only Johan kit I have.

Unless there were the incredibly unlikely odds of someone having one and really wanting the custom parts from an '83 issue MPC Pontiac Fiero (molded in red) or a flat hood for an MPC '82-83 Firebird... or a Matchbox/AMT era Monroe Magnum Ford Courier with the original decals and bike stickers as well as the custom parts from an original issue '78 Courier Minivan (even though the Minivan's already been re-released)... what I'm trying to say is. all the other unbuilt models I have are either extremely common, or even if they're not, are from the late 70's / 80's... way outside of Exner-era Mopars. Maybe I'll just build the kit warts and all. since it's 50 years old now. haha

Still. I guess I'll keep this open for any...  comments?!

Edited by ClassicDarts