Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

Need info on what kits have centerline/outlaw wheels

I'm building a replica of my 81 Z28 and I'm trying to find wheels that closest match my American Racing Outlaw 1:1 wheels. I've found a 1957 Nomad kit that looks like my wheels but I'm not sure. Here's a pic of my car and the Nomad kit if anyone can steer me in the right direction I'd really appreciate it.

post-4367-1240316802_thumb.jpg

post-4367-1240316849_thumb.jpg

The Centerlines in that kit are very good replicas. BTW The Monogram Z28 has those wheels as well. It also is a T-Top car.

Thanks for the info. Is it the Monogram Z28 kit issued in 85 or the 91 kit that have those wheels, or both? They both say they are kit #2717. I actually also had a 79 Z28 so if my first build goes ok I may build that car also so I can use another kit.

The R-M kit in general would be a good starting point. It replicates a '79, so the stripes are wrong, and the hood "scoop" and fender gills will need a bit of a rework

Thanks for the comment. I know what the differences are. I'm in the process of trying to get a set of Keith Marks 81 three stage silver stripes and I'm looking for an 80/81 hood. If you look at the pic of my real car you'll see the rear fender flares are not there like they should be on an 80/81 Z28. I had them removed when I had the car painted years ago, so if I find a hood the only difference would be the side fender vents that won't be correct. I can live with that.

Guest promodmerc

I know the 1985 issue did because I built it when it came out. :)

I have a re-issue from sometime with in the last couple of years that has the Centerlines, BBS style and the factory wheels.

The Centerlines are also in one ore more re-issues of the Monogram '70 Chevelle SS

I know the 1985 issue did because I built it when it came out. :)

I have a re-issue from sometime with in the last couple of years that has the Centerlines, BBS style and the factory wheels.

The Centerlines are also in one ore more re-issues of the Monogram '70 Chevelle SS

I really appreciate the info. I've been lurking these boards for a week or so doing my homework and I want to thank you and everyone here for the wealth if information I've gathered.