Model Cars Magazine Forum

Green and Blue - aero and traditional.

Here are two of my latest Peterbilts.

I started the blue 2010 model 389 back in March. I have several things I need to correct on the 389 before I'm satisfied with it.

The hood, cab sides, bumper and headlamps are resin from Spauldings. The sleeper is a modified 377 kit sleeper.

ptc389mockup42309.jpg

Mocked-up for body fitment.

ptcbumper42609.jpg

cab/hood set and bumper test. The bumper, grille/crown, headlamps, visor, fuel tanks and door trim are all Bare Metal Foil.

ptc389dpf42809.jpg

DPF box and piping.

ptc389leftcab42809.jpg

Note the CARB engine compliance sticker on the door.

ptc389outback42809.jpg

Not that the hood and cab don't appear to line up evenly from the bottom of the cowl to the top, and that the cab and sleeper appear to be leaning backwards a bit. They are. I did this to simulate the sleeper airbags being out of air and the body leaning back a bit.

ptc389caboutback42809.jpg

The 389 is dressed for the PACCAR Technical Center.

Next is my Hybrid 386 with new aero fairings dressed for Wal*Mart.

hybrid_386_in_PQI_42809.jpg

The base kit was an Italeri 377. The hood is from AITM and slightly modified, along with the grille ground out with Plano Model Products mesh added. The chassis fairings are scratchbuilt. The UltraRoof is resin from RiversEdge resin(Budd Ricker).

hybrid386bos42809.jpg

The Hybrid components are hidden behind the chassis fairing, with some items visible behind the sleeper.

Hybrid386backofslpr42809.jpg

The sleeper was cut down to a 48". The wheels are resin from Mo'Luminum (through SourKraut).

Additional photos and build information are on my site Tims Trucks.com - then click on the Recent Builds page.

Both models are inspired by real units.

Thanks for looking!

Tim

The Tech Center has all sorts of PACCAR trucks, 389, 388, 386, 387, T800, T660 W900L etc.. The actual use for each truck is unknown to me.

Tim

Very nice builds Tim. You said the blue one is for Paccar Technology center. Is it a test unit of some sort? Anyway, nice job on both.

Great trucks Tim! Have to say the 386 hybrid is one of my favorits! Just wondering. The 386 transkit from AITS does it also contain stickers for the head lights? Think I have to buy one myself, if they got any more left. :lol:

No, the headlamp sticker is one I had made locally from a photograph of the headlamp. On the other 386 and 384's that I've built, it used Bare Metal Foil for the shape of the lamp and lightly brush painted the headlamp (not as effective as the photo-sticker).

Tim

Great trucks Tim! Have to say the 386 hybrid is one of my favorits! Just wondering. The 386 transkit from AITS does it also contain stickers for the head lights? Think I have to buy one myself, if they got any more left. :D

Thanks for the quick answer Tim! Quess I have to make some stickers myself when I'm getting the hood. Looks like that gives a much better resut then the paintet headlights. No offence! :D Would be great to make som real headlighst with a glear glass, but think thats to heavy for me :angry:

Same for me. I don't have the skill/talent to make the actual headlamp lens and pod.

I wish I did.

Tim

Thanks for the quick answer Tim! Guess I have to make some stickers myself when I'm getting the hood. Looks like that gives a much better result then the painted headlights. No offense! :D Would be great to make some real headlights with a clear glass, but think that's to heavy for me :angry:

Same for me. I don't have the skill/talent to make the actual headlamp lens and pod.

I wish I did.

Tim

I acctually think you do ;) Have seen most of your work and can't say I'm nothing but impressed! Would realy be great to have acctuall lens and pod as you said. Shame that non of the model manufactors make newer american trucks.

Edited by broch

Hey Tim,

come on.... If there is someone who have the skills and the knowlege (correct me please for my English) to make the headlamps lens & pods, that is YOU!!!! :lol: :lol:

PS: finally, i have to say that I decided that I don't want the keys of the hybrid 386, just give me the keys of the blue 389 ptc!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kostas.

Edited by Kostas