Model Cars Magazine Forum

63 Impala

speedy5963

This is a curbside AMT 63 Impala with baby moons, thin whites, a hand made flat pan chassis. Its painted with a PPG GM Blue Pearl and the top is white with Sikkens blue pearl in the first two coats of clear.

post-4418-1241751142_thumb.jpg

Edited by speedy5963

Thank you guys for all the great comments! I am working on getting a nicer camera! The wheels if I remember correctly came from an amt 49 merc, not sure about the tires though. The colors really set this off with all the trim.

Thank you guys for all the great comments! I am working on getting a nicer camera! The wheels if I remember correctly came from an amt 49 merc, not sure about the tires though. The colors really set this off with all the trim.

Very cool, I like it!

But as far as getting a "nicer" camera... EVERY camera is capable of taking an in-focus photo. If your photos are out of focus, I guarantee you it's not the camera... it's the operator! Check the manual and see what you're doing wrong. Are you too close? Macro setting on/off? Correct exposure for the conditions (indoor/outdoor/flash/no flash, etc.) The fact that some of your photos are in focus and some are not tells me it's not the camera, it's you! :lol:

Very cool, I like it!

But as far as getting a "nicer" camera... EVERY camera is capable of taking an in-focus photo. If your photos are out of focus, I guarantee you it's not the camera... it's the operator! Check the manual and see what you're doing wrong. Are you too close? Macro setting on/off? Correct exposure for the conditions (indoor/outdoor/flash/no flash, etc.) The fact that some of your photos are in focus and some are not tells me it's not the camera, it's you! :rolleyes:

Thanks for the input, I actually had a buddy shoot some pics for me so there are some of mine and some of his. I did find out one of my camera's has macro settings so I do need to learn to use it :(

• 9 months later...

Very nice 63! I am huge fan of X-frame Chevy`s. :lol:

Great to find you here as well Chris! Thanks for all the comments, this was a fun one to build, I left it all pretty loose and I'm glad I did as I am going to do a new interior for it with some flocking and a few more details.