Model Cars Magazine Forum

Has anybody seen last nights new series on Discovery called Weaponizers? It's a group of guy's who converted some cars to Mad-Max style cars with machine-guns and rocket-launchers on it and are controlled by remote. These are real full-scale cars that they used in battle via remote-control useing a pretty cool gaming system.

It would make for an interesting build-off but I think we've already got plenty to keep us buisy for a while.

Anybody seen this show and what do you think of a future "Weaponizers" build off?

They need to bring Mel Gibson on a team as a guest-member. After all, he was the original Mad Max! Wish cable would show the rest of the Mad Max series. They keep showing Beyond Thunderdome every freaking week and sorry to say, it's the most boring one!

it sounds awsome! but i haven't seen it yet, is it kinda like death race?

The show refered to Mad Max, but I see more resemblance to Death Race and that video game, what is it, Heavy Metal?

The guy's are secured in bunkers with a big wide screen in front of theme, and one guy is the driver, and the second guy is the gunner. The two are at a game-councel driving their vehicles via remote-control. The cars are real full scale junkers that they have heavily armed. Armore-plating, weapons, saw-blades, rocket launchers et'c. One team tries to protect their "oil-rig", while the other team tries to destroy it. After first team succeeds, the winer gets control of a very powerful machine gun that they can use to knock out their apponent. Then it's a race to the other two oil-rigs and then the finish line while trying to shut down the other.

It was kind of boring watching theme sit in their bunkers driving a simiulater-like thing. I thought it would be more fun if they were actually in the cars and they used safer-methods.

But, I guess they were thinking, "saftey" and more realistic explosions, so they did it all via remote.

The show refered to Mad Max, but I see more resemblance to Death Race and that video game, what is it, Heavy Metal?

Are you talking about Carmageddon? That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the show. I would like to build something like that, but the problem is that I haven't found many weapons in 1:24/1:25 scale. I did see a jeep with a Browning 1919 the other day, but that's about it. Does anyone have any other sources for weapons like the 1919, M2, Miniguns and other vehicle-mounted guns?

I just caught an episode and thought it was pretty good. It had Jimmy Shine in it from SoCal. As for actually piloting those vehicles. You do know they are using live rounds, right? A round from a 50 cal will rip through the armor and body of the vehicle, through your body and out the other side of the armor and vehicle... I think in the bunker is the best place for them...

A while back, I made a few cars for a game called Car Wars, traditionally played on a table top where the cars were only about an inch long. Needless to say, it didn't work in 1/25th scale...hehe Didn't have a big enough area. I might have to break them out of they're plastic bags and get some pics. Got a badman, rx7 and a rabbit in there.

I was just watching Jason Statham's Death Race movie and didn't realize until today that there was a Porsche 911 and what look's like a Subaru WRX in there?

As for machine gun's, I don't know what we'd find in 1/24 scale, but maybe something from any of the military vehicles, tank's and what not. Being mostly round shaped, I bet most of this stuff would be relatively easy to scratch-build perhaps?

I've often had ideas of converting an 89 Honda CRX into a spy-car. Not really the same thing as these Mad-Max/Death Race type vehicles, but still something that could have hidden weapons, "defense mechanism's."

ive been building some vehicles like this. heres my current build in progress:

named Mt. Dew

gb3.jpg

link to the rest of the build

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/jar...ndn/deathracer/

and here is one i started on, and plan to finish as soon as the mt dew build is done.

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/jar...dn/ww3%20build/

they both fit this category. and are fun to build for me. the weapons are from tanks choppers and some i just made. also finished one last year that was from a nascar kit. heres a link to it:

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l159/jar...ontest%20build/

that one was build box stock so to speak. everthang came from the nascar kit, plus most of the box!!

Are you talking about Carmageddon? That was the first thing I thought of when I saw the show. I would like to build something like that, but the problem is that I haven't found many weapons in 1:24/1:25 scale. I did see a jeep with a Browning 1919 the other day, but that's about it. Does anyone have any other sources for weapons like the 1919, M2, Miniguns and other vehicle-mounted guns?

Found a website that has some small scale weapons, PSF Hobbies including the M1, M16, Tommy Gun ( stick and drum mag.) tear gas gun, assorted shot guns and a crossbow. Not sure about vehicle mounted guns.