Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chopped 66 Wildcat

B67ville

This 66 Buick Wildcat was just an experiment in the chopping of the mid 60's GM body style on a spare body.

My first thought was to build the Barris Mystque but I had found one in resin, which left this body open for a change in plan.

As it was a scrap body I needed to find a chassis to fit. The first thing that I came a cross was a AMT 67 Chevy Impala Street Machine.

This chassis is a bit short on the wheel base and had to be stretched to fit the Buick body.

0103166BuickWildcatCustom08-vi.jpg

The engine is the Buick Nail head with the induction system from the Impala, The front inner fenders also came from the Impala.

0103166BuickWildcatCustom10-vi.jpg

I rolled the front pan and used the stock grille, the rear is the stock set up.

0103166BuickWildcatCustom11-vi.jpg

0103166BuickWildcatCustom12-vi.jpg

Once all this was decided, I decided that I wanted to do something with the rear wheel opening. But not wanting to open it, I'd rather would close it.

I was talking to my cousin one day and he suggested the change that you see here.

The paint was a Pastel Blue Pearl nail polish that the wife donated to the car. airbrushed over HoK Snow White Pearl.

0103166BuickWildcatCustom13-vi.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Jerry