Model Cars Magazine Forum

how do i modify tamiya wheels to fit......

hey everyone, wuz up? i have another question that stumped me in my model building!

question is: how whould i modify tamiya wheels to fit a aoshima kit?

i have another kit i want to enter as number #2 in to the drift contest. but i want to get everything in order before i start building! if you guys understand where i am coming from!

thank you for your help!

Brandon

Edited by KUZTOMMODELS88

oh, sorry,

the wheels are the stock nissan skyline r34 gt-r v-specII nur, they are made by tamiya, and they are male! the poly caps are in the brake assembly!

the car i want to put the wheels on is (CLASSIFIED) sorry, but its for the build off! but it has the poly caps in the wheels! so i guess the wheels on the aoshima kit is female! on the aoshima there is a peg that goes in the brake assembly!

if that helps any!

i can take pics tomorrow. after i get some sleep! thank you for your help!

Brandon

oh, sorry,

the wheels are the stock nissan skyline r34 gt-r v-specII nur, they are made by tamiya, and they are male! the poly caps are in the brake assembly!

the car i want to put the wheels on is (CLASSIFIED) sorry, but its for the build off! but it has the poly caps in the wheels! so i guess the wheels on the aoshima kit is female! on the aoshima there is a peg that goes in the brake assembly!

if that helps any!

i can take pics tomorrow. after i get some sleep! thank you for your help!

Brandon

do i need to explain in more detail? do i need to post pics? please can some one help me? thank you very much!

Brandon

Wow loaded question..... :)

First you need to figure out what parts you are gonna use from your donor kits. Then ask yourself do I modify the wheels or cut the suspension?

You need to think about strength, looks, ease of assembly, and does it make sense. If you want us to help we gotta see it...so pix will always work.

As one of our members taught me....its only plastic..and you can always fix it!! :(

MRC used to sell some Cragar S/S and Keystone Klassic rim and tire sets that included a sheet of adapters that are just what you need. the adapters were in all different configurations to make nearly any and every combination possible. some were simply just different thickness spacers, which is what i think you will need here. maybe you can dig up one of those sets.

Dave

ok, thank you for the info, i will look into it!

I've had similar questions. I wonder how to make same scale models fit other's of different types of mounting systems. AND! How to correct the offset. Would somebody please post a how-to with photos?

There are times a Fujimi wheel will look better on a Revell and vise-versa. There are lot's more times where the offset is wrong, example if you remember my first model the gray RX7 FC3S with the front wheels being too far in?