Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

CORRECTION! its a LMP2 ford model A

hey brandon.

i built the '31, what do you need buddy?

...and thanks dave, for the compliment. :unsure:

KEWL! dude you did a awsome job with that ford! very unique! i really like, and i would like to build one like it! i wanted to know how you built it. you know, the parts, extras, etc.

thank you for your help!

Brandon

What....I never even heard of the guy :blink:

ahhhh..... newbies. :unsure:

brandon, brandon. i am truly humbled that you would want to duplicate my efforts. out of this world cool.

i started with the revell 1931 model A, tudor sedan; using the body, fenders, doors, hood and grill shell. i used the belly pan from revell's C6R, with some body pieces ( hood louvers, NACA duct and front fender corners ) from tamiya's nissan R89C. since it was going to be a slammer, i did not worry about suspension or frame. wheels ( from the parts box ) were just glued to the inner fenders.

widened the rear fenders 1/2" and the fronts 3/8". added the nissan front fender corners then filled in the inside corners, with .100" x .040" flat strips, in a curve. finished off with eurosoft.

DSC00315.jpg

DSC00386.jpg

scratchbuilt the running board/side pods and added the NACA duct.

i wanted the body to have that wedge look but the hood parallel to the ground. cut the windshield/cowl from the roof and repositioned. had to modify the doors to fit.

DSC00385.jpg

scratched the cage, dash, firewall and interior tub.

DSC00393.jpg

the most enjoyable part of the build was the motor. what a little gem. ;)

DSC00381.jpg

hope this helps. let me know if you need any help or parts. i will do my best to accomadate.

thanks

dale

thank you dale! i love the style of it! its just in your face! thank you for the pics! and for the help! but first thing is first i have to find a 1931 ford model a! then we'll go from there! :) ! ok, i will thank you dale!

Brandon

Having seen this one in person, I can tell you the more you look, the more you see. And, you would never have known it was a slammer. If I remember, it placed in a non-slammer category.

Awesome work to be sure!

If you get a chance, check out is big block V6 powered Chevy! Of course, that might lead to another project...