Model Cars Magazine Forum

Darrell Alderman decals

Hello

New here, and was wondering if anyone offers decals to match the Daytona, Avenger, or Stratus that Darrell Alderman drove before his retirement.

I made a Daytona and fudged the decals from a Bob Glidden kit to try and make it look right.

I am currently working on a Landy 1972 Challenger, Motown Missile 72 Cuda and a 72 Sox & Martin Duster and have had no trouble finding decals for these kits.

Thanks!

Caine 440

If you want to replicate any one of Alderman's rides you will have to get creative.

Here are some pics. of his black and white Daytona from the early 90's that I did using mainly decals from different Slixx sheets.

DSC02124-vi.jpg

DSC02037-vi.jpg

I used decals from a "Mr 5 and 50 Super Stock" Slixx sheet for the rainbow stripes, a "Gene Snow top fuel" sheet from Slixx for the Mopar markings and then any assorted sheets that would supply any other sponsor markings. The paint scheme is simply a matter of masking and painting the two colors.

If you want to update it to a later version with the red, yellow and blue splash graphics then Slixx has you covered with that as well with a generic graphics sheet.

1831.gif

Or you can go with their modern Mopar camo scheme decals and only use the Mopar markings and combine that with their generic graphics sheet that has the barb wire to complete an early 2000's Stratus.

7069-1.gif

Hope this helps with your decision making.

The original build for this one was done back in the early 90's and the only useable chassis back then were any of the older Monogram pro stock kits. That is what was used and the wheelbase was shortened to meet the body. Although, the body should have been lengthened just a bit up front, just behind the front wheelwell.

• 8 months later...