Model Cars Magazine Forum

Dragster front wheel questions

Hi Guys:

Help Please.

I need some dragster front wheels and tires. Motorcycle style from the 60s. Anyone have some extras in their parts box they could spare? How about some good aftermarket supliers? Whats a good kit to purchase that might have some good ones? I bought the 22jr kit to get the 2 pair that come in that kit but ended up building the kit! I would also like to find some 12 spoke 60s gasser front wheels and tires.

Thanks, Merk

Two of the best come from either M.A.S. or Replicas & Miniatures. MAS are aluminum rims & hubs w/P.E for the spoke part.R&M's are the same,EXCEPT the rims & hubs are resin.

Hi Guys:

Help Please.

I need some dragster front wheels and tires. Motorcycle style from the 60s. Anyone have some extras in their parts box they could spare? How about some good aftermarket supliers? Whats a good kit to purchase that might have some good ones? I bought the 22jr kit to get the 2 pair that come in that kit but ended up building the kit! I would also like to find some 12 spoke 60s gasser front wheels and tires.

Thanks, Merk

Hey Merk... If you want resin look at Comp Resin....Slixx(the decal people) carry most of the line.

I think pegasis wheels also has that set finished....Testors made a metal kit 23T I picked it up at Michaels with a 50% coupon

for just the wheels and tires....yep I built it !

this gets you to slixx.....look at the cr062 12 spoke

http://www.ecsvr.com/slx/shopdisplayproduc...&cat=Wheels

Edited by MikeMc

Hi Guys:

Help Please.

Thanks, Merk

Hi Merk,

My name is Terry Kinnear I am the new owner of Machine Aluminum Specialties , I do have a nice set of Top Fuel Front Wire wheels. They are System17 and they go for $22.00 plus shipping. You can email me at terrykinnearjr@embarqmail.com or you can call me 7 days a week from 8am to 10pm at (814)282-9244 feel free to get a hold of me and I think you will like this kit.I included a pic of this kit.

Please let me know ,

Terry Kinnear of MASpost-3433-1250730387_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi Guys:

I did order wheels from Terry at MAS, they arrived a fast 4 days later and here is the report. The dragster wheels are perfect with high detail. Much better then the kit wheels. Each wheel is made up of 5 pieces. Terry gave me directions to wash the parts with laquar thinner and then glue them together with clear epoxy. I'm a bit ham fisted and had trouble getting all the pieces linned up. My solution is this plywood jig. Each part has a small amount of epoxy then alingned on the jig and clamped untill the epoxy sets. Also shown is a picture of the MAS ten spoke gasser wheels.

Thanks MAS

Merk

Edited by Merk