Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Chevy Chevelle SS

Mj-Styro

where's the '71 grille? the one on there is a '72 ;)

nice job on the corner lights, some body color paint between them will really be a nice touch and make them look more right.

Dave

Your right! i just used what i was told it was, and didnt even compare it..... my bad!!

i'll get to the extra painting later on..........thanks for the info..........

it's a very nice build! i was just suprised to see a '72 grille still there ;)

supposedly the AMT '71 Chevelle kit was issued only once, but the '72 kit has been around forever and re-issued several times. i had a 1:1 '72 Malibu as my first car and i "backdated" it to a '71 style front because i liked it better. the grille, headlight surrounds and turn signal lenses/surrounds are different between the two years.

Dave

Right.......... i to love the 71's better. just a my bad!! 0well it still looks cool either way...............

the recent 72 kit has a different grill all togather..........more of a boxed sqaures............ which also threw me off.................

back in the day i had two 71's! wished i still had them.............( Got one drove it for a year engine went) then got a second one, pujt a motor and trans in it down the road, then the frame cracked lower a-frame bolt mount back bolt................pretty much ended it...........

weird, i had the frame crack on my '72 as well! not the lower A-frame mount, but not far behind that same area. it was alot of fun while it lasted though :lol:

Dave

Mine i did myself ( WHOOOOOOOPS) Street racing one night about 3am the police came and every one darted!!! i did as well and picked the back roads around it all and hit a storm drain @60! it was alot lower then the road was..........YIKES was that a ride! didnt have the head lights on tho..........happens i guess.....................

I will find another some day....................

I have a coolodge (sp) i'll grab a pic of my chevelle............. never got before pics of the first one :lol: but it was light blue flat hood.............dont remember but i had a red non-fucntional cowl hood for it) ......parted the first one out a year or so later was when i found the other one.................

Edited by Mj-Styro