Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

CAMARO Z/28 1973

HI....... ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS A CAMARO Z/28 1973 PLASTIC 1/24 SCALE MODEL KIT , AND FROM WHOM CAN I BUY IT .....BARBO.

MPC did a RS Z28 for its 1973 annual. The AMT kit was an SS car. What car do you want to build...rally sport or full bumper standard front end? The rally sport car was basically the same 1970-73 with most differences in the interior. The grille on the standard front end changed in 1972-73 but blacked out for the Z28 will hardly be noticeable.

Reliable Resin has the standard front end 1970 Camaro SS available along with a plain grille that you could add photo etch Z28 emblems to. You can find a AMT 1970 Z28 if you want a rally sport Z28 but you would need the rear spoiler from the Baldwin Motion kit. Reliable Resin is coming out with a repop of the MPC 1973 Camaro RS that can be converted to a Z with photoetch emblems. Both Reliable Camaros can use the AMT exMPC Blackbird Trans Am for the interior and chassis. The Camaro dash panel will also be available from Reliable in the near future. Reliable also has the correct front and rear spoilers for a 1973 Camaro. Email or PM me for more information.

I have a real one and have been planning to make a model of it for years, some day I will, sooner than later I hope...

Procrastination has helped as the quality of kits to work from has gotten better over the 20 plus years I've been planning it.

So far I have decided to use the Ertl '70-1/2 RS Z/28 kit with an AMT original issue '74 annual providing most of the interior.

Thanks to Marc, I have the last pieces I needed, the valve covers.

Both of my Ertl kits, (the Baldwin and standard Z/28), have the one piece smaller spoiler, even though the box shows different on one of them as I recall. (Good for me as mine has the small one.)

The interior console was changed in '73, that's why I'm pulling the '74 parts for mine.