Model Cars Magazine Forum

Does the tooling for the Revell 'Grease' motorcycles exist?

I sent a message to Atlantis last week, inquiring about the Revell 1/25 Harley and Honda motorcycle molds, and just received this reply:

"Hello Casey -unfortunately the Honda, BSA, and Triumph 1/25 bike molds were destroyed- we are still trying to hunt down the Harley but it might have gone overseas"

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Casey said:

I sent a message to Atlantis last week, inquiring about the Revell 1/25 Harley and Honda motorcycle molds, and just received this reply:

"Hello Casey -unfortunately the Honda, BSA, and Triumph 1/25 bike molds were destroyed- we are still trying to hunt down the Harley but it might have gone overseas"

Hmmm....I always had hear that the tools each contained two bike kits....e.g. one tool molded both the Triumph and BSA and the other molded the Harley and Honda.   And not at all sure why the tools would have been destroyed when they were apparently still usable as late as the very late 1990's..... Not saying this isn't correct info, just not what I would have expected to hear.... 

TB

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Big $ Casey. 
1/24 Ixo and Altaya diecasts much less, huge variety. Can’t fall down that rabbit hole but cool stuff. 
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-t120-bonneville-1967-Altaya-1-24-not-tienee-methacrylate-cover-if-you-have-pea-/194020186345?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&_trksid=p2349624.m46890.l49286&mkrid=1185-127638-7840-0

Edited by keyser

• 2 years later...

Maybe if Atlantis sees how well Round 2 is doing by cloning old molds, perhaps they'll be inspired to do the same with these old kits. I'd love to have a few of them. My dad died recently and I found a couple of pictures of him in the mid-50s when he raced Triumph and Harleys in Scramble races. It must have been a workout hustling those stripped down, but still heavy bikes over trails and sand dunes. In his 50s he took up trials racing again for a couple of years, that time with a much lighter two-stroke Suzuki DR. He said it helped keep him in shape, but eventually his knees decided to call it a day.