Model Cars Magazine Forum

What Ive been working on UPDATE 10-12-09

armorguy

Well here is what I have been working on the last few days. I normally build armor and aircraft but my introduction to the hobby was by my dad to cars. So I still like to build one every so often to break the monotany. This is the old Johan kit that my dad gave me about 15 years ago. I thaught it was lost til a few months ago when I found it stored with some other things. I wanted to build it differently than just box stock and I am a fan of Pinks All Out and this thing just looks like a prostreeter. I took everyones advice and used a kit I already had built(definately not one of my best) for the chassis and other parts. I have cut out the back seat to accomodate the tub. This will be replace with sheet syrene and a nitrious bottle. I have narrowed the chassis rear end to fit the Rambler and rounded the firewall to fit. I also had to cut out the forward portion of the drive shaft tunnel to fit the Johan interior. Also wanted to let you guys know of a nice set of saws that I found. They are photoetch, very thing, mount to an exacto handle. They are offered by model Car Garage. They are great for fine detail work. Well here are the pics. The blu car is the donor kit

SCRambler003.jpg

SCRambler004.jpg

SCRambler005.jpg

SCRambler006.jpg

SCRambler009.jpg

SCRambler016.jpg

SCRambler012.jpg

SCRambler011.jpg

SCRambler015.jpg

SCRambler002.jpg

Edited by armorguy