Model Cars Magazine Forum

Bobby Allison's 72 Monte Carlo

Reeves Racing

Great looking Monte! Looks like the old AMT kit. Those wheels were a bit too wide. I built the kit back in the 70's. Still have it. Maybe it's time to build another, as a tribute.... We lived in San Diego at the time, and one of the local radio stations told the listeners to go to a Ford dealer, of all places, out in El Cajon, if you wanted to meet Bobby Allison in person, and get tickets to the race at Riverside. So we did. It was kind of nervous meeting a big, well known race car driver. I was only 16.

Neat story about meeting Bobby.

Yes it is the newer Model King re-issue of the AMT kit. It pretty simple and not the most accurate on the chassis and interior but it is still a fun build.

Yeah the tires are PPP. They are bit taller and I thought fit the car's wheel openings better. I really had to rig the front wheel mountings to get the right stance.

I think that Yesterday's decals are the best on the market. Crisp bold colors, pre-cut close to the printing and they come off the paper quickly too.

Edited by seveeRRacing