Model Cars Magazine Forum

87 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe

eburg_Dub

I love it ;) . I've had several Fox- chassied T- Birds (no Turbo Coupes, though), and I always felt that they were darn near perfect for what they were- a reasonably sized, comfortable, well handling car. Yours is great. It looks like the first model I built when I got back into this madness in '87 (but yours looks way better.).

I love it ;) . I've had several Fox- chassied T- Birds (no Turbo Coupes, though), and I always felt that they were darn near perfect for what they were- a reasonably sized, comfortable, well handling car. Yours is great. It looks like the first model I built when I got back into this madness in '87 (but yours looks way better.).

I had mine in 98 by that time its was well garbage but it was my first and I loved it. I was living in NYC at the time so it was used mostly as a bumper car ( bump bump in)

By the time i give it to my friend ( late 99) I was falling apart i got a 92 mustang and after that a 97 tbird and that bird was the biggest pos ever so i was done with fords.

Now my turbo coupe still lives my buddy still owns it and he restored it few years back

I had mine in 98 by that time its was well garbage but it was my first and I loved it. I was living in NYC at the time so it was used mostly as a bumper car ( bump bump in)

By the time i give it to my friend ( late 99) I was falling apart i got a 92 mustang and after that a 97 tbird and that bird was the biggest pos ever so i was done with fords.

Now my turbo coupe still lives my buddy still owns it and he restored it few years back

Makes me wish I still had my old '87 T-Bird Turbo Coupe, rusty rear wheel arches, flaky alloy wheels, and all!

I worked in a dismantling yard, & the owner also had a tow company, we picked up a clean '88 turbo coupe as an abandoned vehicle & ended up owning it (the owner never showed up. The boss had a wild hair for something different, & had a body man friend of his take the back half of a '92 Cougar roof (to get the near vertical window) & cut the 'Bird roof at mid door, grafted the pieces together, fabbed a 'glass tonneau cover for the "bed". Voila! Ford Turbochero, different, fun to drive, got lots of looks.

Mike-

That is a nice clean build of a good looking car. I loved these when they were new and wanted one. I almost bought a 92 Super coupe. What stopped me? I realized, while cruizing 120mph home from the dealership to show my wife, that I would get into too much trouble.

Later-