Model Cars Magazine Forum

Ford Pinto Kit

Are there any affordable Ford Pinto model kits available? The ones I see on Ebay are going for a premium. I raced mini stock circle track in the past and would like to find some kits to play around with if they are out there.

I wish there were, I've been trying for a couple of years to get t '71 Pinto Coupe, (they sold as the "Wonder Pony") that didn't have the rear wheel wells cut out larger for the slicks, & the best I've done is I bought one with the trimmed body, & got the MPC '74 Coupe I will use the '71 parts on the '74 (bumpers, rear & front valance) to build what I want, this is better for me 'cause the MPC kit has the side trim that was on the 1:1 car that I'm copying. The '74 MPC kits seem to sell for less than the AMT kits for some reason. I have 1 of the '74 MPC kits, 2 of the PINTERA kits from AMT, 1 '76 Pinto Runabout from AMT, & 1 of the little Wonder Pony kits from AMT, & I would trade any of the '75,or '76 kits for a '74 MPC kit, or a '71 Wonder Pony. they are all opened but complete kits.