Model Cars Magazine Forum

'58 Plymouth Race Car

Jeff Sauber

Very Nice Build Jeff. Love the car and the detail is amazing. Lots of hard work that was worth it. Keep up the great work can't wait to see some more of your builds. I do want to ask you what did you use for your zip ties, I have been trying to figure out the best way to do this my self. In the past I have used wire that was stripped and also cut small strips of electrial tape.

Very Nice Build Jeff. Love the car and the detail is amazing. Lots of hard work that was worth it. Keep up the great work can't wait to see some more of your builds. I do want to ask you what did you use for your zip ties, I have been trying to figure out the best way to do this my self. In the past I have used wire that was stripped and also cut small strips of electrial tape.

For the zip ties, I just cut and used small strips of aluminum tape. It's wasy to work with, and if you ever want to go back and re-route some of the plumbing and cables and such, the tape is easy to cut off and remove.

I have some new pics on the way. I have made a few additional upgrades and changes to the model. I'll try and upload them when I get some time.

Thanks for the tip on usuing aluminum tape, I think that is a much better way than when I tried usuing electrical tape because it leaves a sticky residue if you have pull electrical tape back up. I love how we can learn new tricks and ideas from others on the boards. I will be looking forward to seeing the new pics

The Updated pics look Great. What did you use for the clear tubing from the valve covers to the tanks?

The clear vent tubing is actually fuel line from a radio controlled airplane....Any well stocked hobby store should have some in various diameters. It's nice and flexible and easy to work with.

Jeff I have a picture of this hanging in my Shop, of course she ain't of yours but I think there a spitting image of each other.

I tried to model the car the way it looked in 2004-2006 seasons....Dave Heitz currently owns the 1:1 race car and it resides in North Carolina. The car is now for sale for around $90,000 due to lack of sponsership. Theres a few differences between the model and the 1:1 version, since I had limited reference photos to work from, but overall it's fairly close.