Model Cars Magazine Forum

First model revisited

Longbow

This is the first kit that I started & put back in the box because of the disappointing way the paint job turned out. I originally used Createx paints over a hot primer (bad move)plus I held the air brush too far away from the target. I proceeded to build a 32 ford roadster & after lurking around this site I learned that there is a right & wrong way to paint model cars & with brake fluid one can get a second chance, so I bought a DVD on airbrushing model cars & painted my third model a 1965 Shelby Mustang,which turned out fantastic. So just to prove to myself that it was not a fluke, and with nothing to loose I went back to my first model & gave it another shot. Well shiver me timbers, walla lightening struck twice & my Willy turned out great! Hope this is the right place to put this, because it is definitely on my work bench.

post-5225-1265580319183_thumb.jpg

post-5225-12655803307029_thumb.jpg

post-5225-12655803392564_thumb.jpg

post-5225-12655803781913_thumb.jpg

Edited by Longbow

2-10Mustang009-1-1-1.jpg

Well I finally got to touch the Mustang body today so I took a little sneak peak @ what the end results will be.Man so close but so far away.Patients is definitely the name of this game.I will clearkote it after playing around with it this after noon .

Yea the more it drys the more it tightens up.I got the Perfect Pearl from Micheal`s.It comes in a variety of colors.They had a pack of four which had brass , gold , silver & white pearl.It is a fine powder like substance and a little goes a long way.The larger pack of pearls had maybe ten colors to it for $27.00.The smaller one was $18.00 & I had one of those half off any single item deals that they promote all the time.

21110willypics005-vi.jpg