Model Cars Magazine Forum

Operation Repo

Guest Mustang3.8

Guest Mustang3.8

Hey, y'all.

Here's my new build. I am a fan of the show Operation Repo, so I will be building a repo truck. I will be using the Revell SnapTite Wrecker kit I got in a trade with George53. I will be cutting out the molded in engine and installing something a little more realistic. Not sure on the color, yet. B)

Guest Mustang3.8

I love that show!! Even though it is fake, but it's just fun to watch. You building the grey one or the orange one? I like the orange one better. You got any pics? Can't wait to see it.

You should build a diorama of it hooking up to a car.

It's a real repo company doing real repos. There is no grey or orange truck. The truck they use is a glossy red.

It's a real repo company doing real repos. There is no grey or orange truck. The truck they use is a glossy red.

well maybe I'm thinking of the wrong show??? But I thought they drove a orange/red f-250, crew cab, with a hydrlic set up in the regular bed?? Either way it will be cool!

Guest Mustang3.8

Ok, folks. Change of plans. Thanks to some clearification from my buddy Nick, Dukefan69, I will be attepting to build an U/C repo truck. I will attempt to attach the wrecker's axles to my '84 GMG crewcab dually. This will be a top of the line repo rig. I will also attempt to build the hydrolic wrecker arm for the box. Stay tuned, y'all.

Hey Mustang! If thats the revell kit I am thinking of! My dad owned a 1:1 exactly like it! Wrecker box, equipment, and all! Same year of truck too! I wish i had pics. Ive been trying to find that kit because I want a model of my dads tow truck.

Guest Mustang3.8

Hey Mustang! If thats the revell kit I am thinking of! My dad owned a 1:1 exactly like it! Wrecker box, equipment, and all! Same year of truck too! I wish i had pics. Ive been trying to find that kit because I want a model of my dads tow truck.

Yes. That is the kit I'm using. My plan is to use the axles from the wrecker on an '84 GMC crew cab dually.

Guest Mustang3.8

Thanks, guys. I'm still undecided on the color. I'm thinking gloss black, or another dark color. I think this beast needs a big block. The '84 GMC motor is too small.

• 1 month later...

This my 1:1 truck, don't mean to hurt any feelings, but the show is fake and giving us real guys a bad rep !

hhr2.jpg

Edited by 82k5