Model Cars Magazine Forum

Noobie Airbrush question

stangman

I just bought that combo about a month ago. I wanted the compressor since I already had an airbrush, but an extra airbrush was fine with me. This compressor doesn't have an adjustable regulator like the cheaper compressor has which was disappointing to me. I haven't used the airbrush yet since I already have one. It is very similar to the Badger Anthem 155, but there are minor differences like the size of the airhose connection.

airbrush002.jpg

I bought just the airbrush a bout a year ago just to see how fine a line it would paint. It didn't go down to a fine enough line for me but it did paint a model body with good results. It would be a good one for a starter airbrush to learn with. I have 3 Paasche VL and 2 Paasche V and a Badger 200 single action.Also have an Iawata Eclipse. I have the 3 Paasche VL's set up each with a different needle and head. I usually use the ones with the NO.1 and No. 3 heads the most as the No. 5 just some to spray to much paint for a model body for me. The Paasche V's are used for finer details and since it uses a cup on the side I use them for interior painting so i don't have to mix as much paint up. The Badger I very rarely use anymore as I like the control of the double action airbrushes. The Iawata Is a very versatile airbrush one needle does all i want and very rarely do I open it up all the way for painting a car body.

• 1 month later...

the airbrush is a good starter and the conection hose is the same as a iwata i have both and use the compressor everyday i dont use the airbrush as much sence i have 2 iwatas and a badger but it does do fine when i do so yes for a beginer it would be great to learn with