Model Cars Magazine Forum

International Postage

Just don't get me started on international postage. Them bloody robbers, gangsters and highwaymen! For just a wee few model kits to send to bloody Belgium, I spent 20 quid the other day! 20 quid!

I measured the box. I can accomodate 300 boxes that size in me Sherpa van. 300 x 20 = 6 Thousand quid!

If I load my bloody Sherpa van full with boxes for 20 quid a toss, I pocket 6 Grand just driving over to Belgium! Then I load it up there with 300 boxes at 20 quid a toss and haul them back to Blighty. Another 6 Grand. That's 12 bloody Grand per trip and they keep telling me it's due to the Diesel price???? Them can tell this to someone who uses an excavator to pull up his pants.

Just don't get me started on international postage. Them bloody robbers, gangsters and highwaymen! For just a wee few model kits to send to bloody Belgium, I spent 20 quid the other day! 20 quid!

I measured the box. I can accomodate 300 boxes that size in me Sherpa van. 300 x 20 = 6 Thousand quid!

If I load my bloody Sherpa van full with boxes for 20 quid a toss, I pocket 6 Grand just driving over to Belgium! Then I load it up there with 300 boxes at 20 quid a toss and haul them back to Blighty. Another 6 Grand. That's 12 bloody Grand per trip and they keep telling me it's due to the Diesel price???? Them can tell this to someone who uses an excavator to pull up his pants.

Whoa there... take it easy! :lol:

Everybody wants their share of the pie... postage rates have gone up like everything else. Unfortunately there isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

By the way... great plan you have there. Assuming that you actually have 300 boxes that need delivery to Belgium... :lol:

Whoa there... take it easy! :D

Everybody wants their share of the pie... postage rates have gone up like everything else. Unfortunately there isn't a darn thing we can do about it.

By the way... great plan you have there. Assuming that you actually have 300 boxes that need delivery to Belgium... :blink:

Oh yes, they must go up. I understand fully. The CEO of DHL only owns the sixth largest yacht in the world. If I was him, I'd be tremendously unhappy too that there are five people out there having a bigger one than I have. We MUST hike the prices to rectify this eclatant social injustice.

I wonder who the CEO of DHL is these days?,

I guess Dalsey, Hilblom, and Lynde ( I think ) are no longer with us now.

I stopped working for the company when it went yellow.

Getting back to the original point of this post, it won't matter who you use to transport your goodies from 'A' to 'B', it's gonna cost big time.

Factor in what you pay to purchase the kits or whatever from the US, double it to factor in the cost of mailing it to you.

Governments learn from the robbers, then it becomes legal!!

James.

I wonder who the CEO of DHL is these days?,

I guess Dalsey, Hilblom, and Lynde ( I think ) are no longer with us now.

I stopped working for the company when it went yellow.

Getting back to the original point of this post, it won't matter who you use to transport your goodies from 'A' to 'B', it's gonna cost big time.

Factor in what you pay to purchase the kits or whatever from the US, double it to factor in the cost of mailing it to you.

Governments learn from the robbers, then it becomes legal!!

James.

You guys in the US of A are lucky. Your postal service (now how about that for a contradicition in terms?) is still national. Ours was flogged to the Wall Street and City predators years ago.

The current CEO of DHL is Frank Appel. Remember, he replaced Zumwinkel who was caught red-handed for tax fraud. Crook.

Edited by Junkman

Yes unfortunately shipping cost have gotten a bit steep and that affects our buying and trading everywhere. But some places do seem to charge a bit too much :blink:. We have a local place near by and I wonder if there not taking people on the shipping? I went there one day and they wanted 15.oo to ship a kit,there was two guys working there at the time and I just left. The next day there were two ladies working...I asked them how much on the same kit and same address their reply was 7.40 so I had them send it. It my just be me but it didn't settle with me too good :D. I feel for everyone that ships things today....Our local post office raised their shipping during the Christmas month and lowered it a little afterwards. I guess they thought it was due to the loads of things being shipped at the time? I feel the pain as all on us do when it comes to shipping rates......And I would like to thank Junkman for helping me out and shipping me what I needed, I owe him a big favor. B)

Edited by disabled modeler

Right, so it would appear that the Postal Service is as bad elsewhere as it is here. Thanks for that link Frank, much appreciated. I had a quick squizz and they've got some good stock. As for US based sites, any recommendations guys?

Oh, and if you think shipping models is expensive, try shipping Surfboards internationally....

Right, so it would appear that the Postal Service is as bad elsewhere as it is here. Thanks for that link Frank, much appreciated. I had a quick squizz and they've got some good stock. As for US based sites, any recommendations guys?

Oh, and if you think shipping models is expensive, try shipping Surfboards internationally....

Alan, modelroundup arent to bad with their shipping but I found Hobbylink Japan to be slightly better with the best prices. Andy at scaleautomobilia (sp) isnt too bad either

I really have no issues with the USPS. I have been happy with the service and reliability. I ship a lot of stuff so I know the different rates and services. The flat rate business is a rip-off unless you are shipping something really heavy. Regular priority is not too bad a deal and when it is really light you just send it first class. You used to be able to send something to anywhere in the US for the same price but now they have "zones" so it costs more to send it to the other end of the country. Too much like UPS(who I despise) for my taste. I would recommend that anyone who mails stuff to get a rate list or go to USPS website and use the rate calculater. I have some good guys at my local P.O. but some places they are ignorant and lazy. I have had to instruct them at times!!

It was too bad they quit sending surface mail for outside of the US. It was cheaper to mail to Canada that way than inside the USA!! Overseas is all airmail now. I know US postal rates are amongst the lowest in the developed world. When in Europe on vacation, my wife and I sent some postcards from Vienna --over $1.00 each---- Choke! and that was in 1995.

Christian, I am a big fan of Brit slang. Loved your rant! But what is eclatant? Dictionary.com couldn't come up with that. Cheers.

Alan, modelroundup arent to bad with their shipping but I found Hobbylink Japan to be slightly better with the best prices. Andy at scaleautomobilia (sp) isnt too bad either

Hey thanks Brett. I'm pretty sure I've seen you race? You've got an Impala Doorslammer?

Hey thanks Brett. I'm pretty sure I've seen you race? You've got an Impala Doorslammer?

no mate thats one of my big (re older brothers), I crewed for him for a few years the other one has Rat Attack the 6second 55 chev.

cheers Brett

ps give me an email through my profile if you want to know any other kiwi end specific stuff