Model Cars Magazine Forum

Charlie Hill's "Filthy Forty" Willys Gasser

Porky

Hey Guys - Thanks for all the good words on the WIP pics, It is finished minus the grill inserts that it may or may not get one day. Here's the parts run down, started with a Revell Stone Woods & Cook kit. Added 37' chevy front leafs to the kit spring hangers to get the front end up in the air. Resin quick change rear end and wide 5 wheels Thanks to K-Dog at Bandit Resins, fit that to the kit parts for the rear suspension. Engine is a port fuel injected 283 out of an amt/ertl 57' vette gasser, fender well headers are from the same kit, front wheels and tires are from the amt 33' willys van kit, rear slicks are from a polar lights funny car. Rear bumper was made from plastic stock with the kit brackets. All the chrome parts were dull coated. Few coats of Duplic Color hot rod gray primer, couple light coats of clear, decals by Slixx then it was dull coated. For a quick build I think it came out OK, let me know what yall think. ;)

FilthyFortyWIllys097.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys102.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys104.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys098.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys109.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys110.jpg

FilthyFortyWIllys117.jpg

Edited by Porky

Looks great. The parts you listed that you used will help when I get around to doing the Filthy Forty. I've had a set of decals for this car for a couple of year now, just need to get busy & do it. Just wonder what color they would have painted the car if they had ever got around to painting it?

James