Model Cars Magazine Forum

Rear tires for Aoshima's 20" BBS LM wheels

Did you buy a set or six of these when they came out last year?

100_2360-vi.jpg

Were you a disappointed as I was when you discovered the rear wheels were wider than the supplied tires?

100_2363-vi.jpg

Aoshima had access to the correct tires in some of their other 20" wheel sets but neglected to include them here.

Well, I just sent Al Raab of Ma's Resin a pair of the rear tires from a set of Aoshima Gram Lights R57GT wheels. They have the same tread pattern as the tires that came with the BBS wheels, only wider to fit the rear wheels. Hopefully, he will be able to cast them up in the same rubber that he is using on his other tires.

I also sent him a set of vintage Aoshima 18" Pirelli P Zero tires from their "wide rim series" from about 10 years ago.

Edited by Marc @ MPC Motorsports

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I was out of town all of last week, but returned to find a care package from Ma's Resin. In it were some of the wide Pirelli P7000 tires that will fit the 20" Aoshima BBS LM's.

DSCN0275-vi.jpg

DSCN0276-vi.jpg

I'll be ordering more real soon. Al is selling them for US $2.00 per pair plus shipping. Great quality and I can't tell if they are live or Memorex.

100_2360-vi.jpg

100_2363-vi.jpg

I have these same wheels in my Toyota Crown Majesta kit by Aoshima.

The kit comes with the same exact tires and they fit perfect...

Must just be if you buy them individually I guess :)

Actually, it is not a problem with the wheels. They are supposed to be the same width wheels with one having a deeper offset. Us gearheads are putting the deep lips on the wider wheels, thus the need for the wider tires. B)

Wow, no kidding Marc! He did a really nice job on those. Can you lay down some contact information?? I'll gladly throw an order in.

Also, did you get your new wheels from Aoshima yet? I just got my shipment yesterday. OF course the BBS' were in gold, but had to get them.

Chris

Never mind, I found his fotki site. He's got some pretty cool stuff there.

Edited by crispy

Wow, no kidding Marc! He did a really nice job on those. Can you lay down some contact information?? I'll gladly throw an order in.

Also, did you get your new wheels from Aoshima yet? I just got my shipment yesterday. OF course the BBS' were in gold, but had to get them.

Chris

Never mind, I found his fotki site. He's got some pretty cool stuff there.

Believe it or not, I did not order any of the new wheels. I have six sets of the silver BBS wheels and can paint them any color I desire. B) I'm waiting for some new styles before I order again.

Actually, it is not a problem with the wheels. They are supposed to be the same width wheels with one having a deeper offset. Us gearheads are putting the deep lips on the wider wheels, thus the need for the wider tires. ;)

This is awesome Marc. I actually contacted Aoshima about this "problem" of the rear tires not being wide enough only to find that we weren't assembling them correctly. I posted my correspondence with them in the Wanted section awhile back.