Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

1938 Cadillac Ambulance


Recommended Posts

This started out as a Yat Ming 1938 Limo (presidential series) I picked up a Fronter Design resin ambulance body. (a gamble from the reviews.) well its a nice casting and needed some prep work but not bad. the die cast body came apart easy and the resin one was a good fit. I had to rework the windshield frame and fill some spots the tunnel light were from the new custom 36 ford kit. and i plan on adding some fender skirts and a Roto Ray :lol:;) the interior will be a basic scratch build job with not much detail..... I also opened up the windows wider (looks like they used the old Aurora hears or ambulanc kit as a base this is 1/25 scale..

It will look like this when done but in Ivory white insted of the gray...

3023568884_2c1e0716b3-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models094-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models090-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models097-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models091-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models125-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models129-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models128-vi.jpgHosted on Fotkimodels148-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models164-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris-

This will look great next to your collection of E vehicles you had at the NNL East! How did you ever hear of this casting? Is this resin body still available?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Chris-

This will look great next to your collection of E vehicles you had at the NNL East! How did you ever hear of this casting? Is this resin body still available?

They are on ebay under fronter designs... he has one listed now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well paint work is done (except for the hood that needs to be striped and repainted it had two fish eyes) Some Foil work is finished. Colors are Krylon Ivory over Krylon Burgundy. the interior is done also.. is spartan and there to give it depth. as i plan on simulating Etched glass for the two rear most windows.

The only help I need to add Fender Skirts or not... (they are from the 36 ford kit and fit very well. )

models184-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models186-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models187-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models189-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Edited by chrismooney
Link to post
Share on other sites

If this was going to be a "Hearse" I'd say leave the skirts. But being an Ambulance I'd say leave them off. Something else to fly off in a sure fire hurry to get to the Horsepistol.... err Hospital. ;) Luvs the colours! Keep the updates comin'! I surely can't wait to see more. If you do another one, please do it as a hearse and then use the skirts to "jazz" it up and make it look more luxury for those going to their final resting place. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the windows are in and the rear frosted window is done. I used a big sheet of the stiff you but to put on house door windows... It worked great on the clear styrene. The hood needs to be repainted and the exterior details (door handles Lights trim Ect.) added but thats about it then she is done... Ill let the Photos do the talking.... as always comments or suggestions are always welcome.

models1852-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models183-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models1862-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models1872-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well the windows are in and the rear frosted window is done. I used a big sheet of the stiff you but to put on house door windows... It worked great on the clear styrene. The hood needs to be repainted and the exterior details (door handles Lights trim Ect.) added but thats about it then she is done... Ill let the Photos do the talking.... as always comments or suggestions are always welcome.

models1852-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models183-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models1862-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

models1872-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Beautifull build!! I def like the skirts it adds more elegance. :P:D

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Well she is almost complete. I have decals being made up for this and the detailing is finished. Only problem was two paint blemishes that showed up weeks after the final coat. Some light fish eyes that were buffed out and will be covered up with the decals. I added a Roto Ray light from a Yat Ming Die cast Pumper.

WaverleyPD011-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

WaverleyPD010-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

WaverleyPD006-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

WaverleyPD004-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

WaverleyPD002-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...