Model Cars Magazine Forum

1984 Chevrolet S10 Tahoe Extended cab longbed

Nick Winter

Ok I'm finally building the S10,

My grandfathers owned it since it was 6 months old, the guy who bought it new parked it in his backyard and didn't drive it, so my grandfather offered him half of what he paid new and the guy called my grandfather a day later and asked him to bring the money, and it's now up to 405,xxx miles, second engine (Was replaced in '93 with a 4.3L), original everything else, new paintjob, 3 years ago because the blue was faded something terrible, sadly the guy who painted it was probley a moron, the guy was told paint it the exact same, and he screwed a few things up, he painted 2 things that were grey, blue, and he removed the original trim and replaced it with GMC S15 Sierra classic trim, which is no where near the same, he also must have been blind with the way he masked some things. I'll be building as it was before The 3 Stooges painted it.

So far I have found a Monogram S10 kit, Found a donor for the extra cab, interior, and chassis sections, I have detailed and finished certain parts, I've tracked down certain things I needed, I've extended the cab, chassis and interior, I've got the cab ready for the blue, I've also primed the interior, and it's parts and have started painting certain things,the hardest parts of this build is the Cap, grille and the mudflaps, here's the pictures,

truckandtrailer001.jpg

truckandtrailer002.jpg

truckandtrailer003.jpg

truckandtrailer004.jpg

truckandtrailer005.jpg

truckandtrailer006.jpg

truckandtrailer007.jpg

truckandtrailer008.jpg

truckandtrailer010.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

Gotta love how the older folks add the add-ons ;)

The cab is looking great.

Thanks, most are big rig themed so to say because my great grandfather owned a trucking company, and my grandfather used to truck, most of these have been on there since she was new to him.

Well here goes,

These are as close as I can get,

FILE0353.jpg

truckandtrailer019.jpg

This is real Polished aluminum Tube, bent and Alcaladed

FILE0357.jpg

FILE0358.jpg

These were chopped down AMT '88 C1500 longbed running boards still loads of detail to add to them

truckandtrailer008.jpg

truckandtrailer011.jpg

FILE0364.jpg

FILE0365.jpg

FILE0366.jpg

Edited by Dukefan69'

Guest Mustang3.8

Wow, Nick. You are doing great with this build. When it's done, I'd like to see of pic of the model next to the 1:1. :)

Looks sweet Nick! But you gotta finish the body work on the back side windows first. It won't look good at all, trust me take the time to finish the windows and THEN paint it, it will look alot better.

Lookin good other wise thoug Nick.

I know the rear windows needed fixed, I just taped it off so that I could keep from screwing up the part that's staying grey.

oh if your looking for new tahoe fender badges you can get 2 from lmc truck for 25 bucks, kinda pricey but better then the s-15 badges.

not suure if those are right though.

http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/cst/full.aspx?Page=82

Jared, I have a set on Order as well as proper side trim, the Idiot at the body shop, put those on and the wrong side trim, I almost killed him.

Also, I'm adding to the wheels with a decal of the realthing rather than my crappy paint.

Wow, Nick. You are doing great with this build. When it's done, I'd like to see of pic of the model next to the 1:1. :(

Your in luck after it's done it'll meet it's big brother.

Ok cool Nick. What did the guy do? Couldn't he reuse the trim or did he break it when removing it?

Do ya got any updates? Not rushing, just wondering.

No updates, and no more will be posted here, He screwed up when taking off the old trim, and I know he isn't very compatent in his job, the trucks paint should be better fo a $4000 paint job, it looks like he closed his eyes to paint it