Forum will be Offline for Server Maintenance ×
Model Cars Magazine Forum

69 Dodge Coronet 383 4bbl

Twist67

Hi there,

Sometime ago I thought about my next Mopar project.In my mind I want to built a Car not with all the hemi engines or high performance things...A B.Body car with a smaller engine option.I found an nice picture of an original Coronet while I was surfing on the net.

69coronet.jpg

I use the Revell ´69 Dodge Superbee for my conversion.I want to do an 383 4bbl engine on it.

So first I started to converting the hood.The opening was closed with some sheet,filled and sanded...

69coronet002.jpg

I built the centepost of the hood from halfround evergreen profile.

69coronet004.jpg

First mockup

69coronet001.jpg

The lines for the vinyltop were made from thin styrene strips.I made the vinylstruckture with ethylacetat and an old dried paintbrush.

69coronet005.jpg

I painted the bodyparts with an automotive spray.The colourtone is called Blueish Green Metallic.When the paint is dry (about 3-5 days) I´ll do some wetsanding the clearcote and maybe a second layer of clearcote.....then again wetsanding and polishing.After that I can start with the BMF.

69coronet006.jpg

And I changed the dashboard.I took the one from an AMT ´69Plymouth GTX kit.I made some little changes to match the Dodge interior.

69coronet008.jpg

And also I ´ll use the benchseat of an ´70 Roadrunner for the Dodge.

69coronet007.jpg

A mockup just for the photo.I´ll change the rims on the finished model.

69coronet009.jpg

I got the Testors turquoise and painted the engine.I added some breaklines and the fuellines.The exhausts are painted with Humbrol metalizer colour.The rearend of the exhausts is made from "Aderendhülsen"I´ll add a very light washing and will add some small details........

69coronet011.jpg

Tell me what you think about,please.