Model Cars Magazine Forum

34 Ford P/U Rat

vizio93

This build was started about 5 or 6 months ago, but I have been messin' with it off and on since then. Here are the latest pics of it :

000_0001-3.jpg

000_0002-2.jpg

000_0008.jpg

000_0003-2.jpg

000_0006-1.jpg

So like I said that is the latest mock-up I have, I hope to start painting it this week.

Thanks for looking :lol::D

Edited by vizio93

• 3 weeks later...

Well I have been working on it, believe it or not. I have got the tunnel ram intake on it and the carbs glued down. I have also put holes in the frame rails like you see on a lot of hot/rat rods. Now all thats left before paint is to do a little detailing on the body.

Pics to come this afternoon :lol:

Looking good. Sullivan offers a carb intake for these in 1:1, but I have yet to see a Tunnel-Rammed 4V DOHC Ford. With the way yours looks, I am suprised it really hasn't been done!

Thanks man, I new that tunnel ram would look really good poking out of this rat, and then the velocity stacks just fell into place. I'm pretty sure I got the tunnel ram from the revell 70 mustang kit. I think the carbs and stacks also were in that kit too. I got the engine out of the GT500KR kit. Took that supercharger out and mixed every up in a bowl and Vwala !!! A Tunnel ram Ford DOHC !! I still have to wire it and plumb though. Stay tuned !!! :D :D :D

Fine build on this little truck. I like how you left the roof height stock but channeled it deeply. The tunnel ram dual 4s will look perfect on the build. These type truck builds look best with lots of motor sticking up nearly as tall as the roof. What color(s) have you got in mind. I will watch this build. Good job on the frame holes. Those will give the truck a nice old school look. Good job on the motor. Those old trucks are fun to build in lots of ways and the new type so called "rat rods" are a perfect building style. Thanks for the post and photos. Patrick

Fine build on this little truck. I like how you left the roof height stock but channeled it deeply. The tunnel ram dual 4s will look perfect on the build. These type truck builds look best with lots of motor sticking up nearly as tall as the roof. What color(s) have you got in mind. I will watch this build. Good job on the frame holes. Those will give the truck a nice old school look. Good job on the motor. Those old trucks are fun to build in lots of ways and the new type so called "rat rods" are a perfect building style. Thanks for the post and photos. Patrick

Thanks man for all the compliments, I really like this kit and will probably buy another one ( or three :lol: ). The colors I was thinking about using are either flat black with a silver frame or metallic silver with a black frame. I will most likely do the flat black though. More to come later :lol: :lol:

Thanks guys for the comments, In return I will present you with a new mock-up (this time its painted) :D

000_0001-4.jpg

000_0002-3.jpg

Now all it needs is fuel lines ran, some engine detailing, tail lights, head lights, interior painted (tan), dash, disc brakes in the back, and the list goes on and on :blink: .

Thanks for looking !!! :mellow::D:P